"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cookies

Old 11-12-2005, 11:02 AM   #11
Everymom

OK, now I am jonesing for Butter Pecan Haagen Daaz.

Old 11-12-2005, 12:44 PM   #12
Executive Chef

What is jonesing?

Old 11-12-2005, 04:50 PM   #13
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by licia
What is jonesing?
It's another word for craving or wanting really badly.

And now I want it too, Alix! Even though it's cold out, ice cream sounds so good!
Old 11-12-2005, 05:49 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Thanks for informing me. It is quite cool here also. DH went out to grill some salmon and came back in to get a jacket. I can't believe it is that cool.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:14 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Well, I went looking for the ingredients at work. Wouldn't you know it, the last batch my boss cooked were the last cookies! No ingredient list

Just on an off chance, I went to my little ice cream freezer and pulled up the tub of Buttered Pecan, and then read the ingredients from that. What the??? The second ingredient listed was "Sweet Cream Buttermilk". I tasted a little, thinking about the buttermilk, and thought that I could make that out. Hmmm....maybe now I know? Anyone tried making cookies with buttermilk in the mix?
Old 11-13-2005, 10:34 PM   #16
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenMI
Well, I went looking for the ingredients at work. Wouldn't you know it, the last batch my boss cooked were the last cookies! No ingredient list

Just on an off chance, I went to my little ice cream freezer and pulled up the tub of Buttered Pecan, and then read the ingredients from that. What the??? The second ingredient listed was "Sweet Cream Buttermilk". I tasted a little, thinking about the buttermilk, and thought that I could make that out. Hmmm....maybe now I know? Anyone tried making cookies with buttermilk in the mix?
I've seen cookie recipes calling for Bisquick and they describe that as buttermilk baking mix.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:29 AM   #17
Executive Chef

Allen, there are cookies w/buttermilk in them, but usually they're the soft, 'drop' cookie - not a pecan shortbread type cookie. If it's the softer one you're looking for, I have a recipe somewhere, lemme know and I'll dig it up for ya!
Old 11-14-2005, 09:10 AM   #18
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrfectlydevine
I've seen cookie recipes calling for Bisquick and they describe that as buttermilk baking mix.
I was thinking about looking on my box of Biscuick for cookie recipes, or possibly substituting some for some of the flour. I'd have to alter a basic cookie recipe, though, as Bisquick also has salt, leavening, etc., already in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmalady
Allen, there are cookies w/buttermilk in them, but usually they're the soft, 'drop' cookie - not a pecan shortbread type cookie. If it's the softer one you're looking for, I have a recipe somewhere, lemme know and I'll dig it up for ya!
I ran a search last night for some cookie recipes, cross-referenced with buttermilk, and got several hits. None of them were exactly like what I was after, though. I'll gladly take a copy of your recipe!

Tags
None