ISO Cereal Snaps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Well I've just trashed my recipe cabinet looking for this recipe! I'm hoping someone here can help me out. The recipe is called cereal snaps and it's got rice crispies in it. Butter, brown sugar, all the usual suspects...but I can't recall if it had oatmeal as well as the rice crispies. Anyone heard of this one? Got a recipe to share? Help?

Well how the heck did you DO that? I Googled and came up with nada. I don't remember the coconut, but sounds likely.

Thanks for the help CG. What's up with you these days?

All I did was google "Cereal Snaps". :huh: So luck, I guess. :LOL:

I've been slowly getting our house cleaned out so I can kick Himself out of his recliner and get him to patch and help paint walls. He's been retired and I want to move back to OH where we're from and where both of our kids still live. Slowly, slowly... How about you? Kids still keeping you busy? We need to see you around here more often. You haven't been showing up often enough to tell us how you've been. Miss ya! Don't be a stranger. ;)

I know I've been delinquent. I peek in now and again, but to be honest, just literally haven't had time to spare. I'm still working full time, feels like more some days with all the extra meetings etc that came with my move up the ladder. My days off are often spent playing catch up with house work instead of hanging out having fun with you guys.

The girls are both in post secondary and working hard. Ken has a new job now. He got laid off after 30 years with his last job. Stupid economy. So we're muddling along again. I've taken this week off to just RELAX and I've had such fun playing in the kitchen again! I've missed it. Made pizza, cinnamon buns, and today is cookies. Dinners have been tougher with the weird hours everyone is working/studying. Lots of grab and go type food. However...tonight...CREPES!

I know a similar cake called "Mars cake" in my family.
These are the ingredients: 7 Mars bars (300g), 80g butter and 200g rice krispies.
Fuse the Mars bars with the butter on the cooker, then add the rice krispies and mix quickly. Pour the mixture in a cake pan lined with baking parchment and press it with a spoon. Put in the fridge for one hour. Decoration: to make with a pastry bag some doodle with melted milk chocolate. It's delicious!!

Back
Top Bottom