ISO cookie recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
A friend of mine has a cookie cutter in the shape of a motorcyle. She is looking for a recipe for cookies and here is her one requirement: "I need a recipe for hard cookies that dont swell up when you bake them"...

She doesn't want the motorcycles to lose their shape. Does anyone have a "baked" cookie recipe?

pictHyKAo.jpg

I baked these and they came out hard. I flatten them when i bake, so they holds their shape well even inside the oven

They're not cut out cookies, so i'm not sure if you can use cut outs :) Anyways, i'll just post the recipe in case your intersted.

Double Chocolate Cookies

1 cup sugar
1/4 cup margarine
1/3 cup oil
2/3 cup soy milk or rice milk or cow milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips

1. Cream together magarine and sugar, then add oil.
  2. Slowly stir in vanilla and milk til blended.
  3. In separate bowl, mix dry ingredients.
  4. Stir into the"wet" ingredients and mix.
  5. When half mixed, pour in the chips and blend til ingredients are just mixed.
  6. Drop by generous spoonful onto greased cookie sheet.
  7. Bake ate 350% for 10- 15 minutes.

Click here: Sugar Cookies

Between my sister and I, we've probably made this recipe 40 times. It always works out well and the cookies are shaped perfectly! My favorite time was when my boy had a "dog" themed birthday party and I made these cookies in about 15 different dog breed shapes, and 5 different bone sizes. Really cute!

I have this one : it is a belgian recipe called "speculoos" . It is a tradional cookies for Christmas and St-Nicolas (on 6 december children receive gifts and sweets and stuff like that:))

I'll give you the recipe with metric measurement and us Standard so you can correct if there is any mistakes .

200 g (7,06 oz ) cold butter
250 g (8,825 oz) brown sugar
1 large egg
2 cups/ or 2and 1/3 cups all pupose flour (depends on the weather)
1tsp baking soda
1tsp cinnamon
1tsp allspice (nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, cloves)

Mix dry ingredients (only 2 cups flour to begin. Add egg and butter cut in small pieces. Mix until ingredients are combined. If dough is a little sticky add gradually the flour left. If the dough is too dry add very carefully a small quantity of milk. You should obtain a dough that have a crust pie consistancy. Refrigerate the dough for at least one night.

Roll the dough very thin , cut it with a cookie cutter . Put the cookies on a baking sheet and cook them in preheated oven at 350°F for about 10 min or until lightly brown. Becarefull cause they burn quickly .

Let them cool on a wire rack.

Here is a picture of some i made for last christmas . First pic is raw cookies.

sameOLARX1D12122004100810307129.jpg

sameOLARX1D12122004100848380775.jpg

sameOLARX1D12122004100848917740.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom