ISO cookie recipe that will shut up the church ladies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for posting these, GW! They contain no flour so my son can eat them!!!

And Smoke King--you show those ladies!

That's why I originally started visiting cooking sites, so that I could give what I know to others. I also love learning new things. But mostly, I wanted to share and make others smile a bit. If your son likes these cookies, that will just make me smile like a cheshire cat.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

These are always good:

Grandma Snarr’s Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/4 cups flour
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup nuts, chopped
1 cup raisins

Cream together shortening and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Add remaining ingredients, saving raisins and nuts till last. Drop spoonfuls on sprayed baking sheet and bake in preheated 350 degree oven until lightly browned. Makes a big batch.

Have you thought about making more than one kind of cookie?

For something a little different, these cookies that look like hamburgers.

Hamburger Cookies

80 ‘Nilla Wafers for the buns (2 boxes)
40 Keebler Grasshopper Cookies for the burgers (1 pkg.)
1 Tube Red Frosting for the ketchup
1 Tube Yellow Frosting for the mustard
4 Oz. Shredded Coconut for the lettuce
Green Food Coloring for the coconut
Honey to be used as glue
Ground nuts or sesame seeds

Start with a ‘Nilla Wafer for the bottom bun.

Stick the Grasshopper cookie to the “bun” with a dab of honey.

On opposite edges of the “burger”, put dabs of red and yellow frosting.

Color the coconut with the green food coloring.

Sprinkle the colored coconut on top of the “burger”

Top with another ‘Nilla Wafer, using another dab of honey.

Press the wafer down onto the burger so the red and yellow frostings ooze out to the edges of the burger.

Lightly coat the top of the bun with honey and sprinkle the ground nuts or sesame seeds.

Make these a day ahead to allow time for the honey to dry.

Makes 40 Hamburgers

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I've made these are they are awesome looking burgers! Make them with your own vanilla wafers to really knock their socks off.
Here is a link with a picture of them.
http://foodgeeks.com/images/recipe/2589/mini_big_macs/
And baklava does kill them too--when I made my baklava with Amaretto and chocolate chunks, three diabetics died that day! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
Rugelach!

I have a delish recipe for Apricot Walnut Rugelach (my favorite) or a Chocolate Chip Rugelach!

Oh and I do hope you show those old busy bodies! That made me mad just reading about it!!:mad: Oh and not that I would ever do this of course but maybe you can make them some "special" brownies!! That will get them to lighten up a bit!! :blink::stuart::flowers::cool:

Oh and not that I would ever do this of course but maybe you can make them some "special" brownies!! That will get them to lighten up a bit!! :blink::stuart::flowers::cool:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:-Wow, I haven't made those brownies in about 30 years !! (Hey it was the 70's, I was an impressionable kid....)

Seriously, with all these great suggestions, the problem is now which ones to make!!!

Thank you all sooooo much-I've said it before and I'll say it again-you guys are the absolute best!!!

I could give you my recipe for chocolate cherry white chocolate chip cookies. a guy i work with calls it a starbucks type cookie. i guess becuase he thinks i should try to sell it to them.

there are PB ball and Oreo balls that are alwasy awesome.

Don't tease us, please post them.:chef:

Don't tease us, please post them.:chef:

I cant do a silly thing like that. especially if I want to maket them one day.

I did share 1 with someone on this board. If you find out who the person is you can ask them and then thats ok. lol

it wasnt the chocolate cherry white chocolate chip cookie.

Ghetto, would you please post the recipe for Oreo Balls?

(aaaaaand I'm feeding you yet another one, BT!)

Seriously, Ghetto, I love Oreos, so would like to know your recipe.

Thanks!:)

Lee

Its acutally my freinds ill email her in a bit and see what the measurements are but its something like this.

creamcheese
oreo cookies
chocolate

take package of Oreos and crumble into a bowl. add creamcheese and mix.
fridge for a bit to firm and then form into balls.

Place balls on wax paper and cover in melts choclate. return to fridge to firm up and enjoy.

Remember, presentation is everything! If you have the time and/or willfulness to do this:

1) Melt some chocolate, and dip half of a cookie into the chocolate. Lay the dipped cookie on waxed paper to cool. If you have several different kinds of cookies, try milk, dark, and white chocolates.
2) Instead of dipping some cookies, fill a bag and pipe some chocolate onto them. You can also drizzle the chocolate with a spoon or fork. This works really good with Biscotti.
3) If you do Peanut Butter cookies, melt some chocolate, coat the underside of one cookie, and sandwich another cookie onto the chocolate. Allow to set.
4) If you do some kind of chocolate cookie, melt some white chocolate and sandwich them like the peanut butter cookies.
5) Mexican Wedding Cookies! You don't see those very often.
6) I already mentioned it, but Biscotti!

Sorry I don't really have any recipes for you. I don't bake cookies often enough to have any TNT recipes for you.

Oh, and any "stuffy" little old ladies that don't think men belong in a kitchen are more than welcome to come to my job, put on some Chef's Whites, and try to keep up with me :)

Buy a box of Quaker Oatmeal....Look under the lid, and make the Oatmeal raisin cookie....Or like me leave the rasins out....Easy, and delicious....

:) I make the same recipe but omit raisins and instead add toasted nuts, coconut, dried cherries or cranberries, some chopped dried apricot I add enough of all so it is just held together by the dough. If you want to go over the top add some mini semi sweet choc chips or toffee chips. I always get rave reviews on these cookies.In fact while you are at it and really want to show the women up make several kinds of cookies and present them arranged on a large pretty platter. That ought to shut her up expect her to not believe you made them. If she says something to that, offer her the recipes and offer to give her a lesson on how to make them:-p:-p. Mexican Wedding cookies are also really great, a little tricky to make but well worth it.

Oh yeh. What happened? Did you poop out. Did you eat them all before you got there?

(that reminds me of another thread we never heard back - the outside camping/washing dishes)

I hear he done good, real good, but that's all I know and we will all need to be patient and wait for the King of Cookies to give us the details!

I volunteered to make cookies for a social event at my church. I stopped in today to get some details as to what they were looking for and thats when the whole thing got out of hand.

First, let me paint a picture of myself. I'm 6'1", about 215#. I haven't cut my hair since the fall of 1996. Oh yeah, and I've grown a set of "chops" (sideburns) that Elvis himself would envy. The only shoes I own are Converse all-stars (canvas Chucks), and unless its well below zero, I always wear shorts.

The first thing the kindly old lady asked was "will your wife be making the cookies?" and when I said no, I'd be doing it, she rolled her eyes, and handed me a set of guidelines. As I walked away, she mentioned that there are some "very nice cookies" available at the local supermarket!!!!

Now. I'm no chef, but I do make some pretty :censored: good cookies!! What I'm looking for, is a recipe for a cookie (or bar) that will make her eat her words. Something a little different, but the "one" that will have them all talking. I don't care about the degree of difficulty-I'll throw away a hundred batches just to make a point (I'm hard headed that way)

So, my fellow DC'ers-any suggestions??? I've got a week!!!
yep, but it'll involve that phone call:cool:

Back
Top Bottom