ISO cookie recipe that will shut up the church ladies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SK, I am so proud of you! I will send you my recipe (with my tweeks) today. Sorry, got caught up in making my birthday torte on Friday and Saturday, and still dealing with flood issues.

You may have a similar one but I will send mine anyway. It is absolutely awesome and makes lots!

I am vindicated!!

The church is having another retreat next weekend, and this time, they came to me for cookies!!

Victory is mine!!:LOL::clap::ROFLMAO:

Smoke, I've been reading through this thread from the beginning, and no offense, but I think you've fallen victim to a phenomenon known as reverse psychology. Don't feel bad, those church ladies can be wily! :LOL:

Wow-I was amazed at the response to this thread the first time around...and here we go again!!

The old gals at the church will think I'm a "cookie genius". What I won't tell them is that I've got some of the brightest culinary minds at my disposal. I'm picturing "my network"....Can you hear me now? :LOL:

Obviously, I can't make them all for the church, but luckily with "cookie season" upon us, I'll have a few new ones in the rotation, as well as a whole bunch on file for future reference!!

Thanks everyone! I better logoff for awhile-If I don't finish the Christmas lights and caulk those windows, I'll have to answer to Mrs SK!!

Yes, I really love to bake. It is no secret amongst my friends and family. I also love a challenge. One of these days, I shall look for a couple old family heirloom recipes and share them here. It is just they are very time-consuming as older recipes tend to me (larger quantities were made)

smoke king I knew there is a reason why i liked you right off the bat. lol

Im dress comfy, keep it easy, short all year (no matter what the temp) t shirts, laid back and easy.

as a proclaimed cookie master...

you can make the perfect Chocolate chip cookie, chewy, crunchy and light yet dense. flat out perfect.

Toll house recipe. use dark brown sugar, kosher salt (just a big pinch) dont over cream at first. just mix the butter so it starts to coat the bowl in some spots. then add the sugars and mix until together and then a bit longer. add the egg and vanilla. mix till combined. sift the flour right into the mix. the salt willnt go threw so just dump it in. but sift the flour in at least 2 seperate installments.

those are my secrets and i cant believe im telling them,

I could ive you my recipe for chocolate cherry white chocolate chip cookies. a guy i work with calls it a starbucks type cookie. i guess becuase he thinks i should try to sell it to them.

there are PB ball and Oreo balls that are alwasy awesome.

Would you please clarify the butter part? Butter is in the fridge, how long do you let it sit out? Approx how in a stand mixer until the butter starts to coat the bowl in some spots?

Thanks!

I usually let the butter sit out about 30 -45 minutes. sometimes and hour. you should beable to slightly bend the stick of butter but not really leave a big indent.

ive only used my mixer a few times for cookies jsut becuasei hate scraping the sides of the bowl. but you jsut want to get the butter lighter and fluffier.

I usually let the butter sit out about 30 -45 minutes. sometimes and hour. you should beable to slightly bend the stick of butter but not really leave a big indent.

ive only used my mixer a few times for cookies jsut becuasei hate scraping the sides of the bowl. but you jsut want to get the butter lighter and fluffier.

Thanks!

hands down, ruggelah. I don't know anyone who doesn't love cream cheese pastry and they can be varied in many different ways.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom