"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cookies

Old 12-06-2008, 01:04 PM   #71
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoRacingKid View Post
smoke king I knew there is a reason why i liked you right off the bat. lol

Im dress comfy, keep it easy, short all year (no matter what the temp) t shirts, laid back and easy.

as a proclaimed cookie master...

you can make the perfect Chocolate chip cookie, chewy, crunchy and light yet dense. flat out perfect.

Toll house recipe. use dark brown sugar, kosher salt (just a big pinch) dont over cream at first. just mix the butter so it starts to coat the bowl in some spots. then add the sugars and mix until together and then a bit longer. add the egg and vanilla. mix till combined. sift the flour right into the mix. the salt willnt go threw so just dump it in. but sift the flour in at least 2 seperate installments.

those are my secrets and i cant believe im telling them,

I could ive you my recipe for chocolate cherry white chocolate chip cookies. a guy i work with calls it a starbucks type cookie. i guess becuase he thinks i should try to sell it to them.

there are PB ball and Oreo balls that are alwasy awesome.
Would you please clarify the butter part? Butter is in the fridge, how long do you let it sit out? Approx how in a stand mixer until the butter starts to coat the bowl in some spots?

Thanks!

Old 12-08-2008, 08:42 AM   #72
Sous Chef

I usually let the butter sit out about 30 -45 minutes. sometimes and hour. you should beable to slightly bend the stick of butter but not really leave a big indent.

ive only used my mixer a few times for cookies jsut becuasei hate scraping the sides of the bowl. but you jsut want to get the butter lighter and fluffier.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:00 AM   #73
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoRacingKid View Post
I usually let the butter sit out about 30 -45 minutes. sometimes and hour. you should beable to slightly bend the stick of butter but not really leave a big indent.

ive only used my mixer a few times for cookies jsut becuasei hate scraping the sides of the bowl. but you jsut want to get the butter lighter and fluffier.
Thanks!
Old 12-11-2008, 09:29 PM   #74
Head Chef

hands down, ruggelah. I don't know anyone who doesn't love cream cheese pastry and they can be varied in many different ways.

Tags
None