ISO Cookie Recipe Using Coconut, Nuts, & Oatmeal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scotch

Head Chef
I have some open packages of coconut and nuts, oatmeal and some chocolate chips.

I'm looking for a good cookie recipe using these ingredients, with or without the chocolate chips.

Thanks!

Thanks. I managed to find the Allrecipes version on my own after posting my message here -- I Googled "cookies oatmeal coconut nut" and it was second on the list. It had over 50 rave reviews (and one one bad review -- by someone who completely changed it and then dumped on it!), so I gave it a shot and they turned out to be really great, if not the prettiest cookie in the world!

BTW, anyone making the recipe -- it says makes 30 "servings"; I weighed the dough on my digital scale and determined that I had a tad over 60 ounces. However, using 2 ounces of dough per cookie seemed excessive, more like a golf-ball sized drop than a tablespoon. So I cut it to 1 ounce per cookie. That gave me 5 dozen cookies, and the baking time was correct.

The second recipe also looks good. It's similar, but no chocolate and adds cinnamon.

Back
Top Bottom