"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cookies

Old 03-29-2008, 10:01 PM   #11
Executive Chef

You might also consider asking a dietitian for free advice, but of course each person's diet is different.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:37 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to meshoo96
my DH made some great low sugar low arb choc chip cookies for some of my coworkers. i'm telling him to post it here with the site he got it from. i believe it was the american diabetes association

Old 03-29-2008, 10:39 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Location: NJ for the moment, heading south next spring to be with my family.
This address was given to me At the Virtual Grocery Store. I made them, and most people couldn't tell the difference and they vanished just as quickly as my regular cookies. My Diabetic friends raved about them. I wanted to use the recipe as a starting point to make a better Diab Cookie, but was told rather plainly to leave it as is... lol.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:46 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

diabetes is diabetes, exchanges are the best way to go..sugar,is a carb so do a carb exchange and make the cookie a small one...What i do is my meal is meat and salad and a veggie, then I check my BG after 2 hours if in limits I have a very small piece of what I want..lets say a normal slice of pie, I then cut that in half and put the other part away for the next day..Make sure you test and watch the carbs..your reward is better health and a beautiful baby.

kadesma
Old 03-29-2008, 11:10 PM   #15
Master Chef

Then again, my lowest since the surgery has been 170 which for me is a record low!! That is in the morning when I get up and before I eat. So, on the exchange, I would never be allowed a cookie!!
Luckily DW has a soft heart and lets me get away with having sweets now and then!
Old 03-30-2008, 05:14 PM   #16
Assistant Cook

she eats sugar. just a limited amt. so i guess what i'm looking for is a recipe calling for maybe whole wheat flour, and a limited amt of sugar. she doesn't do well with refined things i.e. all purpose white flour, white rice etc.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:27 PM   #17
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to meshoo96
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovestoeat View Post
she eats sugar. just a limited amt. so i guess what i'm looking for is a recipe calling for maybe whole wheat flour, and a limited amt of sugar. she doesn't do well with refined things i.e. all purpose white flour, white rice etc.
loves, you really should try the recipe my DH posted (sixsix210). I have a variety of diabetics at work, even type 1 that is on a pump, and she ate the cookies and they didn't cause issues.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:31 PM   #18
Assistant Cook

we'll do, meshoo96. i'll try the cookies from sixsix210. Thanks for posting the recipe for me sixsix210.

Tags
None