"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cookies
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-30-2008, 02:06 AM   #11
Hospitality Queen
 
jkath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Southern California
Posts: 11,448
Thanks all! I'll be reading up on these and we'll see what looks good.
(ps - I had a cookie press, but I sold it at a yard sale. Long story short, being the slightest bit ocd, I couldn't make certain shapes, unless they were tinted the same color, with the same flavor as mom did every Christmas. No matter how hard I tried, if I made a camel in anything other than tan with almond, I went nuts. And honestly, I think I was the only one who liked the pink swirly peppermint ones)
__________________

__________________
Come visit my foodie blog: www.SockmonkeysKitchen.com
This week's topic: Pinterest and Potatoes
jkath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:18 AM   #12
Head Chef
 
merstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,002
Check out these out:

Cream Cheese Cookies Recipe | Recipezaar

Cream Cheese Walnut Drop Cookies Recipe | Recipezaar

Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies Recipe | Recipezaar
__________________

__________________
merstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:41 AM   #13
Hospitality Queen
 
jkath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Southern California
Posts: 11,448
That first one sounds really good.

(I haven't seen 3 oz. pkgs of cream cheese in years! At least I can eyeball it.)
__________________
Come visit my foodie blog: www.SockmonkeysKitchen.com
This week's topic: Pinterest and Potatoes
jkath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:25 AM   #14
Master Chef
 
Constance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Southern Illiniois
Posts: 8,175
Here you go:

Norma Jeanne's Lemon Cheese Spritz Cookies

1 cup butter or margarine
1 3 oz pkg cream cheese
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp grated lemon rind
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt

Cream butter, cheese and sugar; add egg yolk and flavoring. Beat until light. Mix in flour and salt. Chill dough. Force through spritz gun or cookie press onto ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 325 for about 15 minutes. Do not allow to brown.

She always made at least a double batch of these. I've tried other recipes, and never found one as good as these. If you don't have a cookie press, I don't know why you couldn't just spoon little bits onto the cookie sheet.

*Note: watch the first couple of pans of cookies closely, as cooking time may be different for your oven. They need to just get done enough to set up.


By the way, the ounces are marked on the side of the cream cheese wrapper.
__________________
We get by with a little help from our friends
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:31 AM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constance View Post
Here you go:

Norma Jeanne's Lemon Cheese Spritz Cookies

1 cup butter or margarine
1 3 oz pkg cream cheese
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp grated lemon rind
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt

Cream butter, cheese and sugar; add egg yolk and flavoring. Beat until light. Mix in flour and salt. Chill dough. Force through spritz gun or cookie press onto ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 325 for about 15 minutes. Do not allow to brown.

She always made at least a double batch of these. I've tried other recipes, and never found one as good as these. If you don't have a cookie press, I don't know why you couldn't just spoon little bits onto the cookie sheet.

*Note: watch the first couple of pans of cookies closely, as cooking time may be different for your oven. They need to just get done enough to set up.
Thanks Connie these look wonderful
kadesma
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:41 PM   #16
Sous Chef
 
Aria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 619
All Cookies ...and MORE

Check out www.cookiemadness.com There are so many varieties.

And check out Anna G....wonderful. Aria
__________________
Aria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:11 PM   #17
Hospitality Queen
 
jkath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Southern California
Posts: 11,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria View Post
Check out www.cookiemadness.com There are so many varieties.

And check out Anna G....wonderful. Aria
Each time I click on it, I get "pattons quill" - a bookstore!
I even typed in the site and still got the bookstore hmmmmmmmm
__________________
Come visit my foodie blog: www.SockmonkeysKitchen.com
This week's topic: Pinterest and Potatoes
jkath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:52 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkath View Post
Each time I click on it, I get "pattons quill" - a bookstore!
I even typed in the site and still got the bookstore hmmmmmmmm

me too hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

babe
__________________
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:50 PM   #19
Sous Chef
 
Aria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 619
Cookie Site

I have the complete site name at the office. I will post the complete site name tomorrow. It is worth the wait. Sorry. Aria
__________________

__________________
Aria is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
None

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.