ISO Diabetic Cookie Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rainwtr87

Assistant Cook
Does anyone out there have great recipes for diabetic cookies. I have been using Splenda for a long time but the flour adds too many carbs. I know you guys have great recipes...help!

Rainwtr,
flour as sugar are carbs. So many don't realise this and think it's just the sugar that is raising their blood glucose.
I find that white flour causes a much quicke rise in BG's than wheat flour..Try using a wheat flour and apple juice or water to mix your cookies.
Try this, a friend makes them and loves them, I haven't tried it yet though...
When I do, I will replace the cup sugar it calls for with splends
3/4-c.veggie oil, 1-c. sugar (I will use splenda) 1 lg.egg, 2 cups whole wheat flour, 1/2-tea. baking soda, 1/3-c. water or apple juice 1cup chopped black walnuts or reg. walnuts
cream oil,egg and sugar. Add flour, baking soda,juice, and nuts. Mix then drop by tea. on lightly oiled baking pan and bake 10-15 min at 325
kadesma:)

Thanks so much

I tried these cookies and they are great. Very moist. My boyfriend didn't even miss not having chocolate. Please thank you friend for us.
Susan

rainwtr87 said:
I tried these cookies and they are great. Very moist. My boyfriend didn't even miss not having chocolate. Please thank you friend for us.
Susan
I will Susan,
I'm so glad I had the recipe and could pass it on to you..Thank you for letting me know how you liked them.

kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom