ISO Ginger Snaps made with spelt flour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
  • Here's the recipe I used from Allrecipes.com. You can simply equally substitute the AP flour for spelt flour. They're delicious! Enjoy.
  • Mom's Ginger Snaps
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup molasses
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/3 cup white sugar for decoration
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, oil, molasses, and egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger; stir into the molasses mixture. Roll dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Roll each ball in white sugar before placing 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
  2. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven, or until center is firm. Cool on wire racks.

Thank you and happy Holidays
This is the exact recipe i have except calls for shortening instead of oil
i have mixed up a batch and are chilling. It will be a nice surprise for a senior citizen who is changing diet. thank you all so much

Trivia - spelt (triticum aestivum spelta) is not automatically "organic" just because it is spelt flour. It is a strain of wheat that has been grown for over 6,000 years and is similar, in many ways, to duram wheat. It's only "organic" if it is grown organically and certified to be organic by the "organic police".

But, glad to hear your batch of cookies turned out great! It sounds like something I might want to try.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom