ISO of recipe for cookies made from cake mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

auntieshelly

Senior Cook
Does anyone have a TNT recipe for cookies made from a cake mix? If so, do the cookies turn out soft, crispy, etc. ? I have a chocolate cake mix and yellow cake mix in my pantry (both with pudding) and would like to try making cookies. Thanks in advance for any recipes or advice.

auntieshelly, I have a recipe for peanut butter cookies using yellow cake mix. They turn out beautifully and no one would guess they weren't made the old-fashioned way.

I'll dig out the recipe and post it later. I'm going to be out of town tomorrow, so I may not be able to post it until Thursday.

I've had the recipe for well over 30 years and everyone who tastes the cookies really likes them.

I'll have to dig around for the recipe that I have, but I do know that cake mix cookies usually turn out very soft, puffy, and chewy (like a cake).

It's been a long time since I used the recipe--I'll post it if I can find it.

Thanks, Katie and PA, for offering your recipes. I would like to give them a try IF you are able to locate them.

Thanks to you, JP, for the link to the goldmine website. Lots of interesting recipes there!

I appreciate everyone's help!!

these are the few recipes that I have:

Cake Mix Cookies

Easy Cake Mix Cookie #1

1 pkg. any flavor Pillsbury Plus Cake Mix
1/2 c. margarine or butter, softened
1 egg
Combine all ingredients at low speed until thoroughly moistened. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 9-12 minutes. Cool two minutes; remove from pans.
Tips: If using chocolate cake mix, add 2 Tbsp. water to ingredients
If desired, stir in 1 c. chocolate chips or 1/2 c. chopped nuts.
If desired, frost cookies with your favorite flavor of frosting.
For sandwich cookies, spread frosting between 2 cookies.

Cake Mix Cookie #2

About five years ago, I discovered a recipe for German Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies. I have since adapted the recipe and now make many different cookies using this basic recipe. I love the versatility and ease of this recipe!
Yields about 4 dozen cookies
1 box cake mix (any variety)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (can substitute caramel or peanut butter chips or do a combination)
1/ 2 -1 cup oatmeal (I always put in as much as I can!)
1 /2 cup oil
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/ 2 cup raisins (optional)
1 tsp. vanilla (optional)
nuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, blending well. If the mixture is too stiff, add a little water. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute before removing form the cookie sheets.
For altitudes above 3500 feet, add 1/ 4 cup flour to dry cake mix.
Variation: Use white cake mix and add a pudding mix. I added strawberry, for tasty pink cookies. If you use pudding, you will need to add some water (about 1/4 cup). Also, the pudding tends to make the cookies sweeter.

Cake Mix Cookie #3

Yields about 2 dozen.
1 (9 oz.) pkg. yellow cake mix (or your favorite flavor)
2/3 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 egg
*1/2 cup chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, M&Ms (your preference)
* For a healthier cookie, substitute raisins in place of the chips.
Preheat oven to 375. In a mixing bowl, beat the cake mix, oatmeal, butter and egg. Stir in the chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool.

Devil’s Food Cookies

Yields about 5 dozen cookies.
1 (18.5-ounce) package devil’s food cake mix without pudding
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup chopped pecans
6 (1.45-ounce) milk chocolate bars, divided into squares (optional)
1/2 cup coconut (optional)
Preheat oven to 350. Combine cake mix, oil, and eggs in a large mixing bowl and mix well. Stir in the pecans. Drop batter by teaspoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets and cool completely on wire racks.
Optional: While the cookies are still on the pan, place 1 square of milk chocolate on each; spread gently to frost. Sprinkle with coconut.

Thank you, Dessert Diva, for the cookie recipes! Wow -- I'm impressed and definitely appreciate your time! I will be trying one or more today!! Thanks, again!

Back
Top Bottom