ISO your favourite Christmas cookie recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matchbox

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone, hoping someone can help me. I'm after some tried and tested/family favorite cookie recipes. I usually make up plates of cookies for family and friends, but am needing some more recipes/ideas for this year! If anyone wouldn't mind sharing their recipes that would be greatly appreciated :angel:
sorry if this is in the wrong place it's my first post, please feel free to move it :)

Last edited:
I make the Neiman-Marcus chocolate chip cookie recipe, the Quaker Oats Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies recipe. SO makes anise cookies, pizzelles and Armenian Christmas cookies.

I've made all of these many times:

JAM THUMBPRINTS (rolled in coconut). (I bake at 325 F, and line the pans with parchment paper):
Jam Thumbprint Cookies Recipe : Ina Garten : Recipes : Food Network

CINNAMON COOKIES
Cinnamon Cookies Recipe - Food.com - 48241

CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO CHEWS
***NOTE: There's a typo in the recipe - it should be 1 1/4 cups flour NOT 1/4 cup.
A Monster of a Cookie
PH2006071301541.jpg

Last edited:
Those chocolate expresso chews look yummy! I don't like coffee, but bake it into something with cholocate, and it takes on a new life!

Those chocolate expresso chews look yummy! I don't like coffee, but bake it into something with cholocate, and it takes on a new life!

Absolutely! The coffee brings out more of the chocolate's depth and intensity.
Yeah, these cookies are insanely good - very deep chocolatey - nice and melty/gooey inside.

Kylie1969 said:
Chops, you dont like coffee :ohmy:

Those chews do look fabulous :)

I love the way coffee smells, but don't like the taste. Don't worry though, if I ever make it down under, I will have tea while you and Mum have coffee.

I love the way coffee smells, but don't like the taste. Don't worry though, if I ever make it down under, I will have tea while you and Mum have coffee.
I'm the same--I love the smell of coffee, but not the taste. I keep it on hand for guests and cooking.

Favorite Christmas cookies:

Rosettes (time consuming to make)
Krumkake
Pepper Nuts
Fattigmann
Sugar Cookies
Lebkuchen

Here's a link to Scandinavian Christmas Cookies:

Scandinavian Christmas Cookies Article - Allrecipes.com

I'm the same--I love the smell of coffee, but not the taste. I keep it on hand for guests and cooking.

Krumkake
Pepper Nuts
Fattigmann
Sugar Cookies
Lebkuchen

I have always been facinated with Scandinavian sweets. They are so interesting. Sure, Viennese bakeries fill their windows with elegant, beautfiful pastries, but they are certainly something that the ordinary home baker cannot possible hope to emulate in their own kitchen. :angel:

I have a whole collection of cookie cutters. Even the little tiny ones that are less than 2". I use them to decorate the edge of a pie or even cut out cookies to put on top of a Christmas cake. I use the holly leaf and make royal icing for the red berries. I buy the Pillbury plain sugar cookies, roll out the dough and cut out all the holly leaves, then bake and frost them. Some yeaars I make the holly leaves with royal frosting also. But it seems like everone likes the cookies better. :angel:

We make alot of Christmas cookies every year. We go through several platters of them for caterings. We always make:
Marshmellow caramels
Russian teacakes
Almond bark, some with almons & some with peppermint.
Pecan tarts
Cherry nut miniatures
Nut clusters
Peanut brittle
Anise candy
Sugar cookies
Fudge

Krumkake
Pepper Nuts
Fattigmann
Sugar Cookies
Lebkuchen

Oh, I looooove rosettes and fattigmanns and I made some of each for Glenn last Christmas. I thought he was going to explode he ate so many of each. He gobbled them up like a little child.

Thanks for reminding me. I think I'll add those again to my Christmas cookie list this year.

Puff Pastry Snowflakes or Stars. Use a snowflake, star, or any shape cookie cutter you desire to cut thawed frozen puff pastry sheets. Bake in at 400 F about 10 minutes or until golden. Lightly dip tops of pastries into melted white or dark chocolate. If they are just for decorative purposes, sprinkle them w/ dragees. I think they are no longer sold here.

I like the black & white cookie. Use a combo of red, green or white for the frosting. The recipe is on Mr. Food's website. I have a recipe for Italian cookies. Will search my recipes, if you like.

I have always been facinated with Scandinavian sweets. They are so interesting. Sure, Viennese bakeries fill their windows with elegant, beautfiful pastries, but they are certainly something that the ordinary home baker cannot possible hope to emulate in their own kitchen. :angel:
I have made rosettes, krumkake, fattigmann, lefse, and pepper nuts from the time I was quite young...I remember standing on a stool to flip lefse at my grandma's house...that must have been before I was even in school because the kitchen hadn't been renovated and my grandfather was still alive. Oh, I forgot the Spritz cookies (which we called "S" cookies) and sandbakkeler (sp).

I have made rosettes, krumkake, fattigmann, lefse, and pepper nuts from the time I was quite young...I remember standing on a stool to flip lefse at my grandma's house...that must have been before I was even in school because the kitchen hadn't been renovated and my grandfather was still alive. Oh, I forgot the Spritz cookies (which we called "S" cookies) and sandbakkeler (sp).

Point me at a pepper nut cookie recipe please.:)

Point me at a pepper nut cookie recipe please.:)
Do you want Pfeffernuesse (German) or do you want peppernuts (Scandinavian)? I have recipes for both (one from my grandma, one from experimenting on how to get something similar to the German Pfeffernuesse my mom remembered her German grandma making).

Oh, I looooove rosettes and fattigmanns and I made some of each for Glenn last Christmas. I thought he was going to explode he ate so many of each. He gobbled them up like a little child.

Thanks for reminding me. I think I'll add those again to my Christmas cookie list this year.
For years, I shipped krumkake, rosettes, fattigmann, and pepper nuts to my family. It isn't Christmas unless there are 7 kinds of cookies for dessert, and that cookie tray better include krumkake, rosettes, fattigmann, and pepper nuts.

Do you want Pfeffernuesse (German) or do you want peppernuts (Scandinavian)? I have recipes for both (one from my grandma, one from experimenting on how to get something similar to the German Pfeffernuesse my mom remembered her German grandma making).

Scandinavian peppernuts, Thank you!:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom