ISO "Zoomerang" cookie recipe, 1960's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DuckFeet

Assistant Cook
I am searching for a cookie recipe called "Zoomerangs" that was on the box of Zoom Breakfast Cereal, (a hot cereal like oatmeal or cream-of rice, but made from whole wheat grain) I remember them from when I was in the primary grades so that would date them about 1960-1965 or so. I know they had crushed pineapple and maybe coconut. I have tried to create them on my own but cannot duplicate them from memory...that was a long time ago!!!:ohmy: Would anyone have this recipe or perhaps have a a daughter or mom or grandma who does? I would be delighted to make these for my grandkids. Any helpers out there? Zoom is still on the market. I found a box at the local grocery store today.

The above link leads me to the recipe that is on the current box. The one I remember definitely had crushed pineapple in it. My mom had cut it out and put it in a box with her other favorites. She died 11 years ago and I have had no access to her things. I really, really want the recipe. Ill shall keep trying. Thank You!

If you contact the company they might be able to send you the old recipe.

Also, is it possible that pineapple wasn't in the original recipe and your mom just added it on her own?

If you contact the company they might be able to send you the old recipe.

Also, is it possible that pineapple wasn't in the original recipe and your mom just added it on her own?

My mom didn't bake. I was learning to cook by myself at the time. (If she had cooked she would have followed the recipe EXACTLY because she was not a creative person:ermm:) No, it had pineapple in the original, just not sure of the coconut. I wrote to the company about 10 years ago and they didn't have it. Maybe with better resources and technology they would be able to find it now. Its not crucial to my life, but I am teching my grandkids to cook, and this is just a very fond memory. They were great. Please keep looking and I will be checking back. I believe there was a whole 8oz can of crushed pineapple in the recipe.

I Googled "pineapple cookies cereal" and the first one that comes up is one for Pineapple Oatmeal Cookies that sounds so similar to the current cookie recipe on the Zoom package... you might have success substituting the Zoom for the oatmeal.
I do realize it's not really about the cookie but finding THAT recipe, after a search of 10 years.
Good luck!

Thanks for the ideas. I will keep searching. I promise to post the recipe if I ever find it. Who knows, I may not even like it anymore, but it is a good childhood memory and I want to find it.

Back
Top Bottom