Lavender Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
Lavender Cookies

2 eggs
1/2 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon lavender leaves
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
confectioner's sugar
rosewater

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Put eggs, margarine, sugar and lavender into blender and run on low until well mixed. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl. Add other ingredients and stir until well blended. Drop dough a teaspoon at a time onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake until lightly browned. Blend enough rosewater into the confectioners sugar to make a smooth frosting. Ice the cookies and let them set until frosting is firm.

Kitchenelf. This sound absolutely delightful! But where on earth would you find Lavender leaves ? I have never seen them anywhere. Do these cookies taste like the lavender candies????

I grow lavender - but if that's not an option I would substitute the flowers.

But I can't tell you how they taste - I've never made them :oops:

You can substitute 'Lavender Sugar' for most sweet recipes requiring lavender, if you don't like having the actual flower in the finished product: Simply fill a jar with a mix of sugar and dried lavender flowers (available at most health-food stores), about 2 tablespoons of lavender to each 1lb of sugar. Let it sit for at least 2 weeks before use, and simply sift out the lavender flowers before using the sugar in the recipe.

Norfolk Lavender - the biggest lavender farm in Britain, serves the most wonderful lemon-lavender scones in it's tea rooms. Yummy.

Paint.

:LOL: paint..
You think you could get your hands on the lemon-lavender scones recipe???

I looked at Norfolk Lavender's website - they have a couple of recipes, but not for the scones. I think you could invent your own recipe though - use lavender sugar and add some lemon zest to the mix. I tried it once, using lavender flowers, but the scones came out much too lavendery, so I think the sugar is the way to go.

Paint.

And Nigella Lawson makes lavender cup cakes, which have the most delicate lilac coloured frosting. They are selling them at Harvey Nicholls department store in our neck of the woods to raise money for the Lavender Trust, an organisation to help young women with breast cancer.

Back
Top Bottom