"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cookies

Old 05-19-2015, 09:41 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Addie, have you made this recipe?
No. I just found this recipe today when I got my Senior Magazine this morning. Do you see a problem in the recipe? If so please let me know.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:17 PM   #12
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
No. I just found this recipe today when I got my Senior Magazine this morning. Do you see a problem in the recipe? If so please let me know.
I just wondered if you made them and if they out good.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:47 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

I am up to my ears with appointments and other events this week. But I will probably make them next week. One thing I will change for my own preference is that I will use lemon extract instead of vanilla. It just enhances the lemon flavor. I have done that in several other lemon recipes.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:02 AM   #14
Assistant Cook

They sound lovely, a big fan of lemon flavours and not too many calories, will definitely try these. Thanks
Old 05-20-2015, 09:45 AM   #15
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
...I will use lemon extract instead of vanilla. It just enhances the lemon flavor. I have done that in several other lemon recipes.

Vanilla really cuts the tartness of the lemon flavor. I'd go with lemon extract too. I really like the tartness.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:50 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Vanilla really cuts the tartness of the lemon flavor. I'd go with lemon extract too. I really like the tartness.
I always use the lemon extract for a lemon recipe. It really brings out the lemon flavor. I made a scratch lemon pudding once using the lemon extract, and it was a huge hit. I should have doubled the recipe because my kids were fighting over it. Who was going to scrape out the pan and get the last drop. I got it and that ended the fighting.

Tags
lemon, recipe

Lemon Thins [SIZE="2"]This recipe is from the Senior Magazine we receive each month in Boston. It was provided my Melissa Carlson, MS, RD I have changed the way the directions were written and even the way she wrote the ingredients. So I believe I have not violated any copyright laws. [CENTER][B][U]Lemon Thins[/U][/B][/CENTER] Preheat oven to 350F. Coat two baking sheets with cooking spray or use parchment paper [B][U]Ingredients:[/U][/B] 1 cups whole-wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour 1/3 cup cornstarch 1 tsp. baking powder tsp. salt 3/4 cup of sugar, divided 2 tbs. butter, softened 2 tbs. canola oil 1 large egg white 1 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest 1 tsp. vanilla extract 3 tbs. lemon juice [B][U]Directions[/U][/B] 1. Whisk flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Beat in cup of sugar, butter and oil in another mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add egg white, lemon zest and vanilla; beat until smooth. Beat in lemon juice. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold in gently with a rubber spatula just until combined. 2. Drop the dough by a teaspoonful, two inches apart and place onto the prepared baking sheets. Place the remaining cup sugar in a saucer. Coat the bottom of a wide-bottomed glass with cooking spray. Dip the glass into the sugar. Flatten the cookie dough with the glass into 2 inch circles, dipping the glass into the sugar each time. 3. Bake the cookies until they are just starting to brown around the edges. Approximately eight to ten minutes. Transfer to a flat surface (not a rack) to crisp. Makes 2 dozen cookies Calories 60 per cookie[/SIZE] 3 stars 1 reviews