"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cookies

Old 05-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Lemonade Drop Cookies TNT

This is quick and easy. It tastes good with ice cream
Cream 1 cup of shortening with 1 cup of sugar. Beat in 2 eggs, Sift 3 cups of flour,1 tea. baking soda and 1/2 tea. salt.Add alternately with 1/2 the lemonade (1-6oz can of frozen concentrate) Drop on to greased cookie sheet bt tge teaspoonful. bake at 375 15 min. but before removing from the cookie sheet brush tops with leftover lemonade then sprinkle with sugar then remove to cool.
make 2-3 doz.
kadesma

Old 05-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #2
Executive Chef

Kadesma. I like that your recipe has lemon flavor (lemonade) in the cookie dough. This so reminds me of a Christmas cookie I make. Except my recipe is a plain sugar cookie that gets brushed with lemonade or lemon syrup concentrate. Then I sprinkle the cookies with ground Mace, which gives a complimentary spicy flavor. Very Easy to make.

I also learned to remove the cookies to a cooling rack set over some wax paper before painting the tops. Less mess on the cookie sheets for me.

I think the lemonade on top in both our recipes really adds to the flavor.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskadoodle View Post
Kadesma. I like that your recipe has lemon flavor (lemonade) in the cookie dough. This so reminds me of a Christmas cookie I make. Except my recipe is a plain sugar cookie that gets brushed with lemonade or lemon syrup concentrate. Then I sprinkle the cookies with ground Mace, which gives a complimentary spicy flavor. Very Easy to make.

I also learned to remove the cookies to a cooling rack set over some wax paper before painting the tops. Less mess on the cookie sheets for me.

I think the lemonade on top in both our recipes really adds to the flavor.
Whiskadoodle,
I'd love to have your recipe if you don't mind. I make cookies several times a month to take to the nurses at my dialysis center. I bought some sugar to top my cookies with that doesn't dissolve when sprinkled on top of anything hot. Plus I picked up some decorations in silver and gold and pearls for topping things. What fun I've been having.I like the Idea of the wax paper uner the racks, wish I'd thought of it when I dunked cookies in melted chocolate that was a real mess to clean. Learn something new every day
kades
Old 05-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Kadesma, That's nice of you to share your baking. I almost only bake cookies at Christmas. That way, I know they are probably travelling some-where else, besides directly in my mouth. I looked at this recipe, and give it a chuckle. I wonder when that Tsp of lemon zest crept into an ordinary sugar cookie. It's the kind of thing I'd do, waste not, and pack in more flavor. I like these, easy and they taste good. The mace is lighter than nutmeg.

Lemon Mace Sugar Cookies
Ingredients:
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Topping:
  • Juice of 2 lemons
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • Mace
  • For The Topping: Mix lemon juice and sugar in a cereal size bowl. I start this part before making the cookies, and stir a couple times before using until sugar dissolves. The lemon juice should be quite tart.
Preheat oven to 350F.
  1. In Mixing Bowl, beat the eggs, then add the sugar and beat until light color.
  2. Add the oil, vanilla and lemon peel until blended.
  3. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
  4. Gradually beat the flour into egg mixture.
  5. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
  6. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
  7. Before cookies are cool, use a pastry brush to paint cookie tops and allow to soak into the cookies. Give the cookies a 2nd coat if you like. Shake Mace liberally from the spice jar onto the tops of the cookies.
  8. Cool on wire racks. Store in their own separate container. These keep well only as long as you keep the cookie jar lid closed.
  9. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskadoodle View Post
Kadesma, That's nice of you to share your baking. I almost only bake cookies at Christmas. That way, I know they are probably travelling some-where else, besides directly in my mouth. I looked at this recipe, and give it a chuckle. I wonder when that Tsp of lemon zest crept into an ordinary sugar cookie. It's the kind of thing I'd do, waste not, and pack in more flavor. I like these, easy and they taste good. The mace is lighter than nutmeg.

Lemon Mace Sugar Cookies
Ingredients:
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Topping:
  • Juice of 2 lemons
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • Mace
  • For The Topping: Mix lemon juice and sugar in a cereal size bowl. I start this part before making the cookies, and stir a couple times before using until sugar dissolves. The lemon juice should be quite tart.
Preheat oven to 350F.
  1. In Mixing Bowl, beat the eggs, then add the sugar and beat until light color.
  2. Add the oil, vanilla and lemon peel until blended.
  3. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
  4. Gradually beat the flour into egg mixture.
  5. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
  6. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
  7. Before cookies are cool, use a pastry brush to paint cookie tops and allow to soak into the cookies. Give the cookies a 2nd coat if you like. Shake Mace liberally from the spice jar onto the tops of the cookies.
  8. Cool on wire racks. Store in their own separate container. These keep well only as long as you keep the cookie jar lid closed.
  9. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Thanks WD,
I like both Mace and Nutmeg. Hum 2 batches one with Mace and one with Nutmeg? Yes that will work. Thanks again
kades

Tags
cookies