Looking at new recipes for Christmas cookies...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettyR

Senior Cook
I made these to try them out for my Christmas cookie collection and OMG they are sooooo good I just had to share.

TIPS*** I doubled the recipe and cooked it in a 9x13-inch pan and baked it for 30 min.
I added 1 cup of chopped pecans to the caramel layer.
I also made the shortbread layer in my food processor with cold butter instead of softening the butter. I think it makes a much more tender shortbread.

Caramel Shortbread Squares Recipe - Allrecipes.com

img_939214_0_2e463d4fa4f09c3b39187a94f88498ef.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Betty. Take a look at Food Networks 12 Days of cookies. Sign up and they will email you 12 recipes over 12 days.

Betty. Take a look at Food Networks 12 Days of cookies. Sign up and they will email you 12 recipes over 12 days.

Thanks, I'll do that. I have a hard time looking at Food Networks website. I live out in the boonies and all we can get out here is dial up so it takes forever for it to load. But I'll just set it to load and then go do something else for a while and come back. Thanks for the tip.

Betty, there are a pile of wonderful cookie recipes here in the cookie forum. There are threads from the years that contain several recipes in them. You can search threads for "Christmas cookies".

Go to myrecipes.com They are having a cookie count down. You can sign up free for daily emails.

Betty, there are a pile of wonderful cookie recipes here in the cookie forum. There are threads from the years that contain several recipes in them. You can search threads for "Christmas cookies".

Go to myrecipes.com They are having a cookie count down. You can sign up free for daily emails.

Thanks for the tips guys...I'll check them out.

I have a collection of cookies that I make from year to year. I usually like to add one new recipe a year if I can find something that really blows my socks off. Unless I find something I like better than these cookies I'm adding them to my list.

Last edited:
I recently made heath bar cookies, I featured them today on my blog. Let me tell you they are amazing and the dough makes a ton!

I got to make 6 dozen cookies for a cookie walk coming up. I think I might make these. How many times do you think I would have to make this recipe to get about 5-6 dozen?

The cookie swap one? Just scroll down a little and click the box that says you realize its old but want to post anyway.

Hi Bolas, These biscuits are not properly 'Florentine', they're a typical recipe of my city (Prato), very close to Florence! One of the most famous producer is Biscottificio Mattei, in the historical centre of the city!
Greetings, Simona

Hi Simona, I was not referring to your biscuit, I mean the Florentine that has chopped nuts, chopped candy peel, glace cherries ect, you then cook it and when cold coat one side with dark chocolate,Ursula Ferrigno has a good recipe.
I know your region quite well, my brother had a holiday home in Tuscany and if we were at our house on Hvar we would get the Snav to Pescara and spend a week, we would take our own Olive oil, Prsut, and Lavender oil the neighbours loved it.
I love Potato Pizza;)

Back
Top Bottom