Looking for a soft Gingerbread men cookie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

letscook

Head Chef
My gingebread men are always hard and I even tried taking them out lil earlier. Does anyone have a recipe which they are soft.
Thanks and Happy Holidays

I always keep a slice of white bread in with my gingerbread men. It helps keep them soft. Just replace the bread as it dries out.

letscook, try mine. Its TNT. I have one friend (a big burly cop) who requests a batch every year all for himself!

Aaahh, just what I was looking for. One thing, tho - I remember making these cookies before (not this recipe), and had a horrid time rolling them, as they were terribly sticky. Maybe I'll try again this year.
Wouldn't too much flour take away the taste, tho?? If that makes sense....

Aaahh, just what I was looking for. One thing, tho - I remember making these cookies before (not this recipe), and had a horrid time rolling them, as they were terribly sticky. Maybe I'll try again this year.

If you mean my recipe, then yes, they are sticky. You need to LIBERALLY flour the board and rolling pin. (and cutters!) The flour works into the cookie a bit, and no the flour doesn't mar the taste. Its important to keep the amount down as too much flour makes the cookies stiffer.

Exactly, zhizara :).
I'm using the gingerbread cookie recipe
to make the reindeer for a Christmas
dinner I'm going to tomorrow night.

For those who missed it
over in the Food Art thread:

Attachments

• foodart-christmasreindeercookie.jpg
    foodart-christmasreindeercookie.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 189
Mollyanne -- that is so cute - great idea - will try your recipe
I have tried a couple but now getting to the end of baking - as I am "Baked out"
Thanks everyone for your recipes I have tried a couple with good results
Hope everyone has a save and Happy Holidays

I find that rolling them out on powdered sugar instead of flour works very well and there is no extra flour taste.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom