Looking for Biscotti recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tntvermilion

Assistant Cook
I don't know if this has been posted anywhere on here before, but I am looking for a good biscotti recipe. I made some about a year ago, it wasn't terrible but I lost the recipe.

Thanks in advance

I love biscottis and this recipe that I use produces gourmet results with not a lot of fat. The first time I made this my husband thought I bought them at starbucks or some coffee shop.

2 cups of all purpose flour
1/4 cup of oil (any kind is fine)
1 tsp of baking powder
pinch of salt
3/4 cups of sugar
1 cup of pistachio nuts (salted)
1 cup of dried cherries or cranberries (I like craisins)
1 tsp of almond extract
1 tsp of vanilla extract
2 eggs

Beat the oil, sugar and eggs together for a minute. Next add the flour (slowly) along with the extracts, salt and baking powder. Once the flour is incorporated slowly stir in the nuts and cranberries.

The dough will be super sticky. Oil your hands and divide the dough into two loafs. I like to take half the dough and place it on a parchment lined baking tray and then shape my loaves.

Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes.

Next take the loaves out and allow them to cool a bit. Now with a sharp knife cut the loaves into slices 1/4 inch thick. Next line them once again in the baking tray and bake them in the oven at 200 degrees for another 30 minutes. Once they cool they will be hardened. You can put them in an airtight container for a month if not more.

You can use different type of nuts in this recipe and it works well.

When I did a search a few weeks ago here I found LOADS of recipes!! Problem was, whch to try first!

Back
Top Bottom