Madelaine recipe, anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
I need a recipe for Madelaine cookies.
My friend just got me one of those Madelaine baking pans from "gastroflex" - the super flexible rubbery stuff, and I'd love to bake up a batch!

Thanks! :D

I will post several good ones - ENJOY!

Madeleines
1 stick plus 2 tb unsalted butter, melted and cooled
4 Eggs
1/4 ts Salt
2/3c Sugar
1 ts Vanilla extract
1 c Ap flour, finely sifted
1 Lemon, zested
Confectioners' sugar, for sprinkling

Preheat oven to 350F. Brush Madeleine molds with 2 tb butter.
1.Beat eggs at low speed, gradually adding salt and sugar. Increase speed as batter becomes light and fluffy. After 5-7 minutes, reduce speed to low and add vanilla.
2.Fold in flour, by hand, in batches to prevent lumps. Repeat until flour is used up.
3.Add 1/2 c melted butter to batter using same folding technique. Do not overbeat, but try to incorporate all the flour. Fold 1 ts lemon zest into batter.
4.Spoon batter into each mold, about three-quarters full. Bake 10 minutes, or until madeleines are firm in center. Immediately turn out onto wire rack and let cool to room temperature.

Chocolate Madeleines
Cooking oil spray
5 oz Semisweet chocolate
3 tb Milk
1 c Whole wheat pastry flour
1 c AP flour
2 ts Baking soda
1 1/2 c Cold strong coffee
1/2 c Madeira
2 tb Unsalted butter
1 c Sugar
3 Eggs

Preheat oven to 350F. Spray madeleine molds with cooking spray.
1.In a small saucepan melt chocolate in milk and set aside.
2.In a medium mixing bowl, mix together flours and baking soda and set aside.
3.In a small bowl mix coffee and Madeira and set aside.
4.In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in flour mixture in thirds, alternating with the coffee mixture.
5.Spoon batter into molds about 3/4 full, then bake for 10-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.

Lemon Madeleines
1/3 c Butter melted and cooled
1 c Sugar
1 ts Lemon extract (can also use orange)
2 Eggs
11/2 c AP flour
1 ts Baking powder
2/3 c Milk
Lemon Glaze

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour madeline molds and set aside.
1.In medium mixing bowl beat butter, sugar, and lemon extract with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until combined.
2.In medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder and 1/2 ts salt. Alternately add the flour mixture and milk to the egg mixture beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Do not overmix.
3.Spoon mixture into prepared molds filling 3/4 full. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden and tops are springy to touch. Cool madelines slightly and then invert onto rack and cool completely. Drizzle madelines with Lemon Glaze.

Lemon Glaze (can also be orange)
1.Combine 1 c sifted powdered sugar, 2 ts lemon juice and enough milk to make a glaze of drizzling consistency.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!
Kansas, where have you been?
We've missed your recipes!

Hope you stay with us!

WooHoo! I was going to post mine for you jkath, but I see kansasgirl has beaten me to it! And I am copying hers too! Chocolate madeleines...YUM!

My daughters name is Madeleine, so I make them for her birthday every year. Chocolate ones will be an instant hit! Thanks!

Well, I got a new computer, so mine has been a bit out of commission. I am back with vigor now!

I also started a new job and am trying to establish a private practice which keeps me VERY busy - barely an extra second to spare.

I have missed you all though - you guys are like family! Any requests or dedications? ;)

What do you do kansasgirl?

And do you have a good recipe for the topping of German Chocolate cake? Mine sucks.

I am a marriage and family therapist - AKA 'Head shrink'. :)

This is a recipe I like. Most call for evaporated milk and regular sugar - it is much too sugary for me. I think this one has more character with the addition of butter and brown sugar.

Butter Pecan Coconut Frosting
1/2 c Butter
1 c Half & half or heavy cream
1 c Brown sugar, packed
3 Egg yolks
1 ts Vanilla
1 1/2 c Pecans, toasted, chopped
1 1/2 c Flaked coconut, unsweetened

1.In heavy saucepan, melt butter. Add half & half/cream, brown sugar and egg yolks, blending thoroughly with a whisk. Heat and stir until mixture starts to boil.
2.Cook mixture, stirring often, on low heat 5-7 minutes or until frosting has thickened. Add vanilla and cool. Fold in nuts and coconut. Use as a filling and frosting for cakes. This is also incredible over ice cream or pound cake.

Thanks for the recipe! I am going to make it for my cutie's birthday cake. YUM!

And LOL! I am a therapist too. Teens in a residential program. Think we find comfort in our kitchens?

Remembered this one - a real favorite! I love to use herbs in all kinds of cooking, esp. desserts.

Lemon and Lavender Madeleines
2 c cake flour
1 ts baking powder
1/2 ts salt
4 tb freshly grated lemon zest
2 tb lavender flowers
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 tb fresh lemon juice
2 c sugar
6 eggs

Lemon syrup:
1/4 c water
1/4 c sugar
1/4 c lvodka (use lemon or citrus if possible)
1/4 c fresh lemon juice (not out of the bottle!)
2 ts finely chopped fresh lavender flowers

Preheat oven to 325F. Butter and flour a madeleine pan (preferably non-stick), knock out excess flour.
1.In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, zest, and lavender. 2.In another bowl with an electric mixer, beat together butter, lemon juice, and sugar until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, and add flour mixture, beating until just combined. Do not overmix.
3.Spoon batter into prepared madeleine molds, smooth tops with a spatulalds and returning excess batter to bowl. Bake madeleines for 15-20 minutes, or until edges are browned and tops are golden. Loosen edges and transfer madeleines to a wire rack over a large pan. Repeat making the madeleines until all batter is used.
4.For lemon syrup, bring syrup ingredients to a boil, stir, and remove from heat. Brush warm madeleines on the wire rack with some of hot syrup, and allow extra syrup to dip into pan; repeat with remaining madeleines, making sure to keep syrup warm for best results.

Amazing! Right now I am working in a psych hospital that has both long term and short term care. I work with children, adolescents, and adults - I can honestly say that no day is ever mundane or boring!

I happen to think that cooking is therapeutic - I know that when I am in the kitchen, the rest of my life and problems cease to exist. I love the peace and satisfaction in making something wonderful out of nothing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom