Madeleines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alix said:
boufa, you could try online for a madeleine pan. LOL, imagine hubby's face when THAT was delivered. Mine would likely just roll his eyes. My addiction to all things kitchen is well known.
Alix, I dare not risk it!! The problem with DH is that he loves eating all those tempting desserts I make (I had to make him go on diet once in a while!) but he forgets that in order to have a wide selection of such goodies, you need different type of pans. His strictness could stem from the fact that I inherited a large number of cooking utensils and baking pans when we sold our restaurant business. All said and done, a little sweetening is necessary every now and then:LOL:

LOL!!! Boufa, I completely understand! There are certain times for these things. They require adequate prep work.

If I don't have the special pan, would I be able to subsitute just a regular muffin pan?

Just come borrow mine ~emz~. If you are going to use regular muffin tins and only fill them a little bit.

be sure to butter whatever you use REALLY well. Madeleines stick like the devil! :wacko: I have non-stick Madeleine pans, and I still have to brush them carefully with the melted butter to have them slip out.

LMAO! ME TOO! They are so addictive and if you have a cup of Earl Grey going...well you know what I'm saying!

I usually butter and flour the molds so I was just wondering if I could be lazy next time!;)

I just made these with orange zest, they were really good! Reminded me of one of the Transporter movies lol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom