"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cookies
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2016, 12:13 AM   #11
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
There a re a pile of crinkle cookie recipes out there most with chocolate but there is also a molasses version that is heavily spiced.

Does this look like the ones you remember? Cookie Week: Spicy Ginger Chews | Crumb: A Food Blog or this: Spicy Molasses Cookies Recipe
Hi Janet

thanks for helping with my quest. those aren't them but I am anxious to try the first one from "the elevator lady" I think it was. it's not it but looks like it'd be wonderful.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:12 AM   #12
Assistant Cook

Martha Stewart cookies

Did you ever find the recipe? I found one that I think might be what you're looking for..

http://www.marthastewart.com/333862/...-ginger-crisps

Old 07-15-2017, 05:57 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Good evening,

Bon Appetit had done a special on Holiday Cookies close to two decades ago, however, The Recipe seems to fit your profile ..

Ginger spice cookies.

2 cups all purpose flour
2 1/2 tsps ground ginger
2 tsps. baking soda
1 tsp ground cinammon
1 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 cup chopped crystallised ginger
1 cup dark Brown sugar
1 / 2 cup vegetable shortening - room temperature
1/4 cup ( 1 / 2 stick ) of butter unsalted
1 large egg
1 / 4 cup molasses mild light flavored
Sugar to taste ( for sprinkling on top )

Hope this helps ..

Bon Appetit Magazine.

It is 1am here ..
All my best ..

I would google search: Ginger Cinammon Spice Cookies ..

Tags
2 or 3 kinds of ginger, cook, cookie, recipe, stew

Martha Stewart Crinkle Spice Cookie recipe I am sorry for coming in here to ask this but have spent too much time online trying to find an answer/recipe. Appreciate any info. Ok, so about 8ish years ago I was watching MS do a Christmas TV special on her 10 favorite cookies. I watched the show, taped the show so I could go back and check for ingredients or whatever at a later date when I more had time to concentrate. I even made one of her recipes right along with her on the show, pausing as I needed to do whatever, play catch up. The cookies I made with her was her spice crinkle cookies or some such name like that. They originally turned out awful, flat as a pancake, one big run together mess. I tossed it and got advice to get new baking powder/baking soda as they have a shelf life and maybe mine was up. I bought new and again followed Martha step by step. There were large amounts of certain spices I think (and I could be wrong here) the addition of black pepper and a huge amount of cloves with the other usual suspects being ginger (2 /3 kinds of ginger, ground/raw/grated) and cinnamon. The results making with new baking powder and baking soda were INCREDIBLE and I want to make again. Here's the thing. I have searched on YouTube and everything else I can think of and can not find the recipe using every combination of words to help locate this recipe. It was a Christmas/Holiday favorite cookie swap 10 cookie show that I think might have even been a 2 hr special. If you are able or know what I'm trying to find please let me know. I am really wanting to make this wonderful very different cookie but without the recipe, I'm stumped. Thank you. 3 stars 1 reviews