Melt In Your Mouth Peanut Butter Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well i made the ones with just egg, sugar and milk. Very easy recipe, mix and throw in the oven. I think I might experiment with some flour, because they are very fragile... They taste awesome...I'm glad I made a double batch..they made a great treat for game play tonight!

They look great, love to try them..
What is shortening? and is powdered sugar the same as castor sugar?

Shortening is Crisco Shortening. It comes in a can or little squares.
Powdered sugar is Confectioners Powdered Sugar. It's white and you use it to make icings etc. It's powdered. It should read on the bag Pure Cane Sugar Confectioners Powdered.

To comment on e-mail #5 that is the recipe I use all the time and its my weeny dog`s favorite cookie. I have never seen a dog that loves peanut butter the way Buster does.

Ok it's Crisco brand Shortening but what exactly IS shortening? Is it Dairy like butter or animal fat like Lard?
The sugar sounds like what we would call Icing Sugar... I don't think the other name for it exists here..

icing sugar is confectioners sugar or powdered sugar or sugar that is very fine combined in its' packaging with corn starch.

Crisco is shortening that is solid, white, thick and not necessarily made from animal fat but rather vegetable fat.
Crisco is one of the top sellers here in the states but any brand would do. personally and I'll go on record here, I prefer butter to crisco in peanut butter cookies but the solid shortening does produce a very tender cookie which I think is aided by the use of the confectioners sugar/aka/icing sugar in this particular recipe... hope that helps you understand the ingredients more.

Last edited:
I'm so happy to hear that. Enjoy!

I love these cookies too. I have given about 4 dozen along with c chip, and sugar cookies to neighbors this year. All I hear is "man, those peanut butter cookies were excellent"! Let me tell you, they are a heck of a lot easier than the frosted sugar cookies too:ROFLMAO:.

So, Ol-blue, what other fantastic recipes do you have up your sleeve....

I love these cookies too. I have given about 4 dozen along with c chip, and sugar cookies to neighbors this year. All I hear is "man, those peanut butter cookies were excellent"! Let me tell you, they are a heck of a lot easier than the frosted sugar cookies too:ROFLMAO:.

So, Ol-blue, what other fantastic recipes do you have up your sleeve....

You have been very busy... Thank you for letting me know how you like the cookies. It really means a lot.

I have been working hard on new recipe so keep checking back.

I"m going to give them a try today using butter... Shortening isn't something we can get here I don't think, I will have a look when I shop next but in the meantime butter it is :)

I'm in the middle of making these right now. Everything is in the bowl now (just finished adding all the flour mixture), but the mixture does not appear very cohesive. It seems too dry and is falling apart... is this normal? It's not like the doughs I have normally encountered.

(can't afford a new camera right now...)
1202157741.jpg

Edit: Well whad'ya know; I think I discovered my problem: Shortening != sunflower oil... :) I'm going to cook "it" and eat it anyway.

Edit2: Despite the oil constantly trying to separate from the mixture, they turned out okay! They completely flattened to merge into a giant flat cookie (due to lubrication of the mixture I suppose), but its still very nice and cookie-like.

Last edited:
I'm in the middle of making these right now. Everything is in the bowl now (just finished adding all the flour mixture), but the mixture does not appear very cohesive. It seems too dry and is falling apart... is this normal? It's not like the doughs I have normally encountered.

(can't afford a new camera right now...)
1202157741.jpg

Edit: Well whad'ya know; I think I discovered my problem: Shortening != sunflower oil... :) I'm going to cook "it" and eat it anyway.

Edit2: Despite the oil constantly trying to separate from the mixture, they turned out okay! They completely flattened to merge into a giant flat cookie (due to lubrication of the mixture I suppose), but its still very nice and cookie-like.

I'm glad you found out what the problem was. The shortening is the important part of this recipe, it makes it melt in your mouth.

Back
Top Bottom