Melt In Your Mouth Peanut Butter Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
These cookies will literally melt in your mouth.
Enjoy! Debbie
_____

MELT IN YOUR MOUTH PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

img_501114_0_aff2e9d62e8fc01391d674a17bffe3b5.jpg

1 cup(s) SHORTENING
1 cup(s) PEANUT BUTTER
1 cup(s) SUGAR
1 cup(s) POWDERED SUGAR
2 EGGS
1 teaspoon(s) VANILLA
2 cup(s) FLOUR; Sifted.
3 teaspoon(s) BAKING SODA
1 teaspoon(s) SALT
_____

Cream shortening, peanut butter and sugars together.
Beat in eggs and vanilla.
Add sifted flour, soda and salt; add gradually to the creamed mixture.
Beat well.
Drop from a teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Flatten with a floured fork.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.
_____

Those sound great and much like my mom's old recip. Long ago, my mother-in-law found a really great recipe that was so unbelievably easy and also delicious. It's just
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg.
Mix and bake as usual . Try it. You'll be astonished. Crunchy natural peanut butter is really terrific in it.

xmascarol1, I will have to try your mom's recipe. It sounds so easy. Thanks for sharing it. Debbie

Thanks JoAnn L. I hope you enjoy. Debbie

You are welcome Dave. Enjoy! Debbie

mascarol1 - I have the same recipe but 1tsp vanilla added.

these are also great, made these thousands of times they never last long in the house
Quick Peanut Butter Cookie
Ingredients
1 cup Peanut Butter Creamy or chunky
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips-- optional
( Ilike to put in the Peanut buuter flavored chips)
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350. In small bowl, with wooden spoon, combine all ingredients except chips until blended. Stir in chocolate just until combined.

2. On ungreased baking sheets, using slightly rounded teaspoonfuls, drop dough 2 inches apart. (Do not flatten.)

3. Bake 9 minutes or until cookies are puffed and golden. (Cookies will be very soft.) On wire rack, place baking sheets and let stand 5 minutes. Remove cookies from sheets and cool completely

Last edited:
These cookies will literally melt in your mouth.
Enjoy! Debbie
_____

MELT IN YOUR MOUTH PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

img_519374_0_aff2e9d62e8fc01391d674a17bffe3b5.jpg

1 cup(s) SHORTENING
1 cup(s) PEANUT BUTTER
1 cup(s) SUGAR
1 cup(s) POWDERED SUGAR
2 EGGS
1 teaspoon(s) VANILLA
2 cup(s) FLOUR; Sifted.
3 teaspoon(s) BAKING SODA
1 teaspoon(s) SALT
_____

Cream shortening, peanut butter and sugars together.
Beat in eggs and vanilla.
Add sifted flour, soda and salt; add gradually to the creamed mixture.
Beat well.
Drop from a teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Flatten with a floured fork.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.
_____

And 1 Cold Glass of Milk!!!!

Can I use butter instead of the shortening?

I haven't tried these cookies yet, so I'm just using past experience here and maybe the OP has other thoughts.

What makes these cookies "melt in your mouth" is mainly the shortening.

That is due to the fact that shortening is 100 fat while butter contains quite a bit of water.

But shortening contains no real flavor, while butter always adds flavor.

I think I will try this straight up as posted and then down the road maybe replace 1/3 to 1/2 of the shortening with butter and some of the sugars with brown, maybe 1/3 each and see what happens.

However, often simpler is better, so I won't be surprised if the original tastes best.

And 1 Cold Glass of Milk!!!!
and make mine fat free milk CAUSE THE COOKIE'S GONNA CLOG MY 'things'....:LOL::LOL:
sounds delish ol blue, my favorite cookie is peanut butter.
DIL's too. <go figure:huh:that must mean she's sorta like me, "0 no Mr. bill":ohmy:
is shortening like Crisco then? don't know if I have any of that. Yep, I do. Just bought a little round of Crisco and had forgotten about it. So here I go, hope they're spectacular.
:mellow:
Those sound great and much like my mom's old recip. Long ago, my mother-in-law found a really great recipe that was so unbelievably easy and also delicious. It's just
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg.
Mix and bake as usual . Try it. You'll be astonished. Crunchy natural peanut butter is really terrific in it.
This sounds good too but how does it bake only using peanut butter sugar and an egg? There's no flour? Hum, hate to waste the peanut butter if I don't know for sure it'd work, I'm a sceptic, plus, what does it mean bake as usual, I've never made it before so there is no usual:wacko: time and temp please

Last edited:
It is amazing, but true. The flourless peanut butter cookies are really delicious.

okay, you've convinced me. I have all the ingreds and think this morning I'll get out very soon, hit the markets for a few last minute things to do for cooking baking and set the kitchen ablaze. It's time for the making of holiday cookies, why am I putting this off until now? I have no idea, not in the mood...:neutral:

I'm trying a couple of these today. I have three jars of peanut butter left to bake with. Need to try that no flour one first out of curiosity and then the TNT one listed first. Can't wait!!

I'm in the cookie baking mood today...got about 6" of snow and its still snowing...
I think I will...although no shortening right now...so I think I might try the flourless pb cookies... it sounds good.

I made the OP's cookies yesterday. They were just as described, they "melt" in your mouth. They are light, crispy, exceptional flavor. These cookies would not "dunk" well, particularly in coffee. As soon as they hit your mouth, they are dissolving into peanut buttery heaven.

Milk on the side is a must.:rolleyes:

Thanks to the OP for this great recipe

Back
Top Bottom