Meyer Lemon Sables

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the recipe PF, and also the most interesting info on Meyer lemons. My little 10 yr old tree (more like a bush really) is just loaded this year!!

P2040059_1.jpg

Last edited:
Now that is a beautiful sight, KL! I think she also had a link for Meyer Lemon Chiffon Cake in that post. If I had that many Meyer Lemons, I'd find a recipe to preserve them.

Preserved Lemons

I have a recipe for Preserved Lemons. Wonderful but it's not on my 'puter. The link is now defunkt as the blog has shut down. I miss it was a good blog. I'll look it up soon and post it.

That tree/bush is gorgeous Kayelle! Wish I could grow them here!

I just got that post for the cookies yesterday PF. Have you made them already? You are one busy lady!

What a beautiful, prolific tree KL! Now if PF would bake us those yummy cookies, we'd be all set!

I just found Nami about a month ago...and I had nothing else to do last night...

Had anyone asked me several months ago I would have said I loved ALL Asian styles of cooking. PF, like you, I found Nami a couple of months ago. I think from the number of recipes that seem to excite me as against the number that are a bit beyond me (in either ingredients or style) I would have to say now that Japanese is not on the top of the list.

I think I posted somewhere else that we often had visitors from Japan and my parents often went there. The game of GO being the main reason but of course, they would bring back the cuisine. It didn't strike me one way or the other aside from my dislike of fish - duh, therein lays the problem LOL!

Nami is a delight to read tho and I have earmarked quite a few recipes.
Including this one! :LOL:

OK, I stand corrected as I just looked up my recipe for Preserved Lemons. The blog that is no longer active gave a link to Simply Recipes. It is still there for anyone interested. I have done this several times and love'em.

Making Preserved Lemons

At the time the author's favourite sandwich in 2008 was:

smoked salmon and thinly sliced Meyer lemons with a sprinkling of sliced shallot and freshly ground black pepper set on a whole grain bread spread with a layer of cream cheese

Yep, I've thought about doing the salt preserving thing but I just don't care for Moroccan and Middle Eastern recipes so I doubt I'd use them.

The smoked salmon sandwich sounds amazing however.

Last edited:
I'm not a big fan of Middle Eastern either - I've discovered I don't like dried fruits in savoury dishes! LOL!

But throw a couple in with your buttered green beans just before serving or with spinach... very yummy a wonderful touch.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom