Mint Sandwich Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chocoholic

Senior Cook
Mint Sandwich Cookies
Quick Cooking, November/December 2002

Ingredients:
1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
3 to 5 drops green food coloring, optional
72 butter-flavored crackers
1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped

In a bowl, combine the frosting, extract and food coloring if desired. Spread over half of the crackers; top with remaining crackers. Place candy coating in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Dip the cookies in coating. Place on waxed paper until chocolate is completely set. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.

Yield: 3 dozen.

Hilo, I'm bringing this topic back from the dead because I actually tried it out! And they were delicious! :-p My little brothers got into the cracker box, so I ran out of crackers, but I made an invention of my own for the rest of the filling and chocolate. Very, very good.

By butter crackers do you mean Club Crackers or Ritz? I went to the store and bought both just to be safe.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I used Ritz, and I forgot to say that I divided the frosting into 3 parts and tinted each part different colors (pink, green and blue)!

If you run out of crackers like I did, spoon out the frosting in little blobs on waxed paper and freeze them. When they're firm enough, submerge them in chocolate and refrigerate. This makes a really yummy mint candy!!

These are DELICIOUS!! Rich, but delicious. I wonder, if you eliminated the frosting, and added the peppermint extract to the chocolate, then dipped the RITZ, would they be exactly like Girl Scout Thin Mints? Because these were very similar to those. Not sure how well the extract would mix with the chocolate, but I may try it.

Back
Top Bottom