My monster cookie recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gulab jamun

Assistant Cook
Hello,

I took a chocolate chip cookie recipe and modified it to make my own "monster cookie" recipe. I made them today and feel happy at the result.

My first couple attempts at choco chip cookies were a failure, so this was a relief. I think it helped that I didn't soften the butter too much, and I used baking powder (instead of baking soda) to give some rise to the cookies. I also used parchment paper and a metal spatula to scoop the cookies off after baking, so this prevented me from breaking the cookies by hand. :ermm:

Anyway, below are my recipe and a picture...

Monster Cookies

• ½ cup butter, softened
  • ½ cup white sugar
  • ½ cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
  • ½ cup chocolate chips
  • ½ cup chopped walnuts
  • ½ cup Reese's Pieces candies
  • 1 cup quick-cooking oats

1. Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg, then stir in the vanilla.
  2. Add baking powder + salt to batter and stir. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, walnuts, candies, and oats. Use your hands to finish mixing everything together and form a big ball of cookie dough.
  3. Chill the dough in refrigerator for about an hour.
  4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Form dough into rounded balls and place on parchment-paper-lined baking pans. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
  5. After removing from oven, use a metal spatula to remove cookies from baking pans and place elsewhere to cool off.
dscf1355ao8.jpg

I will send you my address. Do not eat any of the cookies!

Mail them directly to me.

If you do not do this you will have seven years bad luck!:LOL:

They bring a tear to my eye, gulab!

Great job! And I think that all that oatmeal makes them HEALTHY!

Lee

Back
Top Bottom