I took a chocolate chip cookie recipe and modified it to make my own "monster cookie" recipe. I made them today and feel happy at the result.
My first couple attempts at choco chip cookies were a failure, so this was a relief. I think it helped that I didn't soften the butter too much, and I used baking powder (instead of baking soda) to give some rise to the cookies. I also used parchment paper and a metal spatula to scoop the cookies off after baking, so this prevented me from breaking the cookies by hand.
Anyway, below are my recipe and a picture...
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup Reese's Pieces candies
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg, then stir in the vanilla.
- Add baking powder + salt to batter and stir. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, walnuts, candies, and oats. Use your hands to finish mixing everything together and form a big ball of cookie dough.
- Chill the dough in refrigerator for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Form dough into rounded balls and place on parchment-paper-lined baking pans. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- After removing from oven, use a metal spatula to remove cookies from baking pans and place elsewhere to cool off.