Need a cookie dough for a decorative rolling pin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
I bought a few rolling pins that have 3D decorations on them for the holidays
One is snowflakes and the other reindeer
I need a cookie dough with a good consistency that would allow these decorations to be impressed into them and be visible once baked

Or will any cookie recipe do?
( I assume I should avoid chips, nuts or anything else that might impeded the decoration from stamping into the dough)

any suggestions
( the rolling pins did not come with any recipes or suggestions)

Larry

Two thoughts,

Look for recipes with little or no leavening, to help keep the image sharp.

If the dough is a little soft sprinkle the pre rolled "blank" with some granulated sugar or granulated sugar with cinnamon, nutmeg, or pumpkin pie spice added before doing the final roll with your designer pin. The sugar will help to prevent the pin from sticking.

Two thoughts,

Look for recipes with little or no leavening, to help keep the image sharp.

If the dough is a little soft sprinkle the pre rolled "blank" with some granulated sugar or granulated sugar with cinnamon, nutmeg, or pumpkin pie spice added before doing the final roll with your designer pin. The sugar will help to prevent the pin from sticking.

GREAT IDEA Aunt Bea!!

I've had my eye on one of these pins:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/228143...UYwrSuPsWE0Jz0qvX_G0tWGbclP4VC4iwXhoCsFbw_wcB

Love my springerle rolling pin. I have 9 rolling pins. I always make a fairly stiff gingerbread-like dough, chill it before rolling. I dust the dough with seasoned flour to which I add gr ginger, cinnamon and some freshly ground pepper. I have used the rolling pin for Lebkuchen.

Love my springerle rolling pin. I have 9 rolling pins. I always make a fairly stiff gingerbread-like dough, chill it before rolling. I dust the dough with seasoned flour to which I add gr ginger, cinnamon and some freshly ground pepper. I have used the rolling pin for Lebkuchen.

Oooohhh! I'd like to see a photo of your rolling pins, CWS... and using stiff gingerbread dough is GENIUS!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom