Need advice from experienced bakers.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aunt Bea, I've made that kind of double-iced nut cookie. They are very good indeed.

Look, since I have got your attention, what do you think of making a thumbprint after a few minutes of baking; then leaving it empty till completely baked; then allowing the cookies to cool and filling with a rich filling of any kind? Chocolate, or a butter-walnut filling, for example. Have you ever heard of such a thumbprint cookie method? :yum:

I think filling them with chocolate ganache or melted chocolate is a wonderful idea, one version is called a Bown Eyed Susan!

Brown-Eyed Susans I Recipe - Allrecipes.com

You could also go the Peanut Butter Blossom route, using your thumbprint dough, and just poke a Hershey's Kiss on top of each cookie as it comes out of the oven.

https://www.hersheys.com/recipes/re...gclid=CNOBw5XXtLsCFSvl7AodSH4Aqw&gclsrc=aw.ds

The butter walnut filling reminds me of a cookie called a Pecan Tassie. You could probably use your basic dough to create the shell or even a simple piecrust recipe should work.

Pecan Tassies Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Also don't feel that you need to roll the cookies in nuts before baking.

You could roll the balls of dough in chocolate jimmies or colored sugar and bake them plain.

Bake them without rolling in nuts and fill them with jam. When they cool spank a little powdered sugar on them. The sugar will coat the cookie and melt into the jam so it does not show.

You could also drizzle a little icing over the cooled cookie or leave them plain. Chocolate drizzle over raspberry jam would be great!

The important thing it to get out into that kitchen and make those cookies, it's Christmas!

All cookies are welcome at Christmas! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

The important thing it to get out into that kitchen and make those cookies, it's Christmas!

I've made the dough and am going to now start the actual baking. Yahoo!

Thanks to all and esp. to you, Aunt Bea, for all that info!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom