Need crispy vanilla oatmeal cookie recipe!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alex566

Assistant Cook
When i was young i made this crispy vanilla oatmeal cookie recipe. When we moved i lost the recipe. I loved these cookies. I have tried so many oatmeal cookie recipes thinking that this is it and they don't come out anything like what i remember. They were a bright redish brown with the quick oats visible. They had i think 2 eggs, quick oats, brown sugar, oil, flour and lots of vanilla. It was easy to mix up and i just would drop on the sheet. The end result was a not to thin, not to thick, crispy cookie, lots of vanilla flavor, just perfect proportion. Anyway, i miss this recipe terribly, lots of memories with this recipe. If anyone has anything similar or can help please do so. Thank you

No nuts, but i think there was cinnamon. The main flavor is vanilla.

hmmmm......I've been searching thru my books, but I think the thing that's getting me is the brown sugar. Generally when it's in a cookie dough, it makes the cookies chewy & soft.
Here's something that's kind of close, as it has the brown sugar, but it does say it's crispy. Oatmeal Crispies Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes
As for the vanilla content, my Grandma always taught me to "spill the vanilla" every chance you can. I still usually add 2-3x the vanilla in most cookie/cake recipes.

Wish I could help you more!

Thanks for trying. When i was young and making these cookies we never had butter, shortening, margarine or anything like that in the house. The only fat we had was canola oil. Thats a key ingredient. I thought for sure it had brown sugar in it, maybe not, but the cookies were redish brown all the way through, huh.

I'll keep watch for the recipe, and let you know if I come up with anything. In the meantime, try to bump up your posting (by adding to it) on Monday, when a lot more people will be around. Perhaps they'll have your cookie recipe :)

I'm new to this posting business so i am not clear on your directions. What to you mean bump up posting? Is this something i do or do others do this by posting?

yep - a "bump" is just another word for posting, so that others can see it as a new post.
See? You're already a forum buff!

hmm...it sounds yummy... I think I might even try to experiment....
Were there any raisins or anything. or was it just an oatmeal cookie?... I like those better ...

What about molasses? Was that something she had around and used? Just a shot in the dark, not sure how that would effect it. Cookies are not my strong suite.

Back
Top Bottom