Need help with peanut butter cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, don't leave out the baking soda. Follow the recipe, but just leave out the flour. Let us know how things turn out.

Ingredients for flourless peanut butter cookies:

1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 large egg
20 Hershey's Kisses (optional)

Combine the sugar and baking soda with a wired whisk. Add the peanut butter and egg. Blend until smooth.

Preheat the oven to 350' F.
Form 1 tbs. of the cookie dough into a ball and place onto a parchment covered cookie sheet. Make another ball and place it about an inch from the first one. Repeat until you have about 20 dough-balls on the cookie sheet. Flaten the cookies out with the tines of a fork, in a criss-cross pattern. Place a Hersheys Kiss in the middle and bake for 9 minutes. Remove, take the parchment paper off, with the cookies, and place on a clean surface to cool. Enjoy.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Chief Longwind Of The North said:
Ingredients for flourless peanut butter cookies:

1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 large egg
20 Hershey's Kisses (optional)

Combine the sugar and baking soda with a wired whisk. Add the peanut butter and egg. Blend until smooth.

Preheat the oven to 350' F.
Form 1 tbs. of the cookie dough into a ball and place onto a parchment covered cookie sheet. Make another ball and place it about an inch from the first one. Repeat until you have about 20 dough-balls on the cookie sheet. Flaten the cookies out with the tines of a fork, in a criss-cross pattern. Place a Hersheys Kiss in the middle and bake for 9 minutes. Remove, take the parchment paper off, with the cookies, and place on a clean surface to cool. Enjoy.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

It seems like 5 minutes is too short. The cookies weren't thoroughly baked even after 10 minutes. What is the maximum baking time?

ShellyCooks said:
No, don't leave out the baking soda. Follow the recipe, but just leave out the flour. Let us know how things turn out.

The cookies came out really yummy but I need to tweak the baking time. 5 to 8 minutes was definitely too short. How long do you usually bake them for?

Glad you like the cookies, but you have to bake them for at least 10 - 12 minutes depending on your oven and the size of the cookies. They should be slightly golden on top. Let them rest on the cookie sheet for about 2 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. You'll get the hang of it after a few batches. Enjoy!

You will find the mixer of page 17 of the catalog. You might also be surprised at how many products Smuckers owns.

It seems like 5 minutes is too short. The cookies weren't thoroughly baked even after 10 minutes. What is the maximum baking time?

The recipe called for 9 minutes, not 5. They would be definitely undercooked at the 5 minute mark. And remember, all ovens don't give you the correct temperature when you set the dial. Some are hotter, and some are cooler. 9 minutes is a starting point. Check them at that time. They may still need another minute or three to finish cooking

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Chief Longwind Of The North said:
The recipe called for 9 minutes, not 5. They would be definitely undercooked at the 5 minute mark. And remember, all ovens don't give you the correct temperature when you set the dial. Some are hotter, and some are cooler. 9 minutes is a starting point. Check them at that time. They may still need another minute or three to finish cooking

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Thanks! I don't know why I thought it was 5 minutes. Must have been very late at night when I looked at the recipe!

Wow, that's really cool. I love the idea of having the mixer built into the jar!
I make a lot of peanut butter cookies and only use natural peanut butter. It doesn't even have salt. We have a peanut butter factory here that is close by. When I lived in the city where it is made, in the summer you could smell the peanuts roasting.

I saw this stirrer a couple of years ago and got it. It is not longer in my kitchen. My daughter has put her name on it and it is now in her kitchen. Her family loves peanut butter. But I still have to make the cookies. :chef:

I am right this moment in the process of making the flourless pb cookies, using brown sugar....but half the recipe I once saw posted here, which was 2, 2 and 2 (2 cups pb, 2 cups sugar, 2 eggs).

So, in halving the recipe, I am wondering (will let you know after they're baked....if one egg and 1/2 tsp baking soda will provide enough rise and texture....? Sometimes halving a recipe doesn't work.

stay tuned! (or speak up now if you know the answer, please!...before I bake....)

THX

Smucker's

Natural Peanut Butter Mixer for 16 oz. Regular NPB Jars

This mixer is great for re-mixing the oil separation that naturally occurs with natural peanut butter. It is uniquely designed to re-mix with no messing or splashing. This model fits our 16 oz. jars of Smucker's®, Adams®, and Laura Scudder's® Natural Peanut Butter. Easy to use, easy to clean, and made in the U.S.A.

Smuckers sells a jar top that has a mixer attached to it. It looks like the dough mixer on a KA.

Mixing that oil that sits on top in a natural peanut butter jar is a lot of hard work. This jar top does the work for you. Click on Shop on Line first, then under Organic Products. If you use a lot of organic peanust butter, it makes sense to have one of these. :yum:

Addie said:
Smucker's

Natural Peanut Butter Mixer for 16 oz. Regular NPB Jars

This mixer is great for re-mixing the oil separation that naturally occurs with natural peanut butter. It is uniquely designed to re-mix with no messing or splashing. This model fits our 16 oz. jars of Smucker's®, Adams®, and Laura Scudder's® Natural Peanut Butter. Easy to use, easy to clean, and made in the U.S.A.

Smuckers sells a jar top that has a mixer attached to it. It looks like the dough mixer on a KA.

Mixing that oil that sits on top in a natural peanut butter jar is a lot of hard work. This jar top does the work for you. Click on Shop on Line first, then under Organic Products. If you use a lot of organic peanust butter, it makes sense to have one of these. :yum:

Wow this is very cool. I wonder if it will work with Woodstock Farms peanut butter jars.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom