"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cookies

Old 12-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #31
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie
Smuckers sells a jar top with a metal mixer for natural peanut butter that has oil floating on top. They sell it for their organic peanut butter. Does all the mixing for you every time you need to open the jar.

http://onlinestore.smucker.com/pdf/S...oreCatalog.pdf
Wow, that's really cool. I love the idea of having the mixer built into the jar!

Old 12-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #32
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North

The recipe called for 9 minutes, not 5. They would be definitely undercooked at the 5 minute mark. And remember, all ovens don't give you the correct temperature when you set the dial. Some are hotter, and some are cooler. 9 minutes is a starting point. Check them at that time. They may still need another minute or three to finish cooking

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
Thanks! I don't know why I thought it was 5 minutes. Must have been very late at night when I looked at the recipe!

Old 12-07-2011, 07:11 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchengoddess8 View Post
Wow, that's really cool. I love the idea of having the mixer built into the jar!
I make a lot of peanut butter cookies and only use natural peanut butter. It doesn't even have salt. We have a peanut butter factory here that is close by. When I lived in the city where it is made, in the summer you could smell the peanuts roasting.

I saw this stirrer a couple of years ago and got it. It is not longer in my kitchen. My daughter has put her name on it and it is now in her kitchen. Her family loves peanut butter. But I still have to make the cookies.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #34
Sous Chef

Addie, I love peanut butter cookies too. I think I'm becoming addicted to them!
Old 05-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #35
Senior Cook

I am right this moment in the process of making the flourless pb cookies, using brown sugar....but half the recipe I once saw posted here, which was 2, 2 and 2 (2 cups pb, 2 cups sugar, 2 eggs).

So, in halving the recipe, I am wondering (will let you know after they're baked....if one egg and 1/2 tsp baking soda will provide enough rise and texture....? Sometimes halving a recipe doesn't work.

stay tuned! (or speak up now if you know the answer, please!...before I bake....)

THX
Old 05-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire

Smucker's

Natural Peanut Butter Mixer for 16 oz. Regular NPB Jars

This mixer is great for re-mixing the oil separation that naturally occurs with natural peanut butter. It is uniquely designed to re-mix with no messing or splashing. This model fits our 16 oz. jars of Smucker'sŪ, AdamsŪ, and Laura Scudder'sŪ Natural Peanut Butter. Easy to use, easy to clean, and made in the U.S.A.

Smuckers sells a jar top that has a mixer attached to it. It looks like the dough mixer on a KA.

Mixing that oil that sits on top in a natural peanut butter jar is a lot of hard work. This jar top does the work for you. Click on Shop on Line first, then under Organic Products. If you use a lot of organic peanust butter, it makes sense to have one of these.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:56 PM   #37
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie
Smucker's

Natural Peanut Butter Mixer for 16 oz. Regular NPB Jars

This mixer is great for re-mixing the oil separation that naturally occurs with natural peanut butter. It is uniquely designed to re-mix with no messing or splashing. This model fits our 16 oz. jars of Smucker'sŪ, AdamsŪ, and Laura Scudder'sŪ Natural Peanut Butter. Easy to use, easy to clean, and made in the U.S.A.

Smuckers sells a jar top that has a mixer attached to it. It looks like the dough mixer on a KA.

Mixing that oil that sits on top in a natural peanut butter jar is a lot of hard work. This jar top does the work for you. Click on Shop on Line first, then under Organic Products. If you use a lot of organic peanust butter, it makes sense to have one of these.
Wow this is very cool. I wonder if it will work with Woodstock Farms peanut butter jars.

Tags
None