Need your best chocolate chip recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shaheen

Senior Cook
hey guys i need your best chocolatechip cookie recip. with all those secrets tyhat make it truly delectable! thanks! :)

I've been making these for about 10+ years, and my family really likes them, as they come out big and soft.

Big Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 stick unsalted butter, at room temp (no microwaving it!)
1/2 c. packed dark brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. cake flour (I use "Swan's Down" brand in the red box)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
(you can also put in some chopped pecans, if you'd like)

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees f. (make sure it's really preheated well!)

In a mixing bowl, cream first 3 ingreds. Add next 3 and blend.

In another bowl, mix together next 4 ingreds, and then add it to the creamed mixture.

Stir in chocolate chips.

Using a 1/4 c. measuring cup, scoop level measures of dough onto greased cookie sheets, spacing each scoop 2" apart. Bake until cookies are almost browned and firm to the touch, about 15 minutes.

Transfer cookies with a metal spatula to a wire rack (I place my racks over paper towels to catch any crumbs)

As far as keeping them, I have no idea how long they'd last. I think once I made some and had a leftover cookie the next day:-p

CHOCOLATE_CHIP_COOKIES-100x75.jpg
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

IN MIXER BLEND TOGETHER:
1 CUP SHORTENING
1 1/2 CUPS SUGAR
1/2 CUP BROWN SUGAR
1 TABLESPOON VANILLA

ADD:
2 EGGS
MIX WELL

ADD:
2 1/2 CUPS FLOUR
1 TEASPOON BAKING SODA
1 TEASPOON SALT

STIR IN:
12 OUNCES SEMI SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS

DROP ONTO COOKIE SHEETS
BAKE AT 350' FOR ABOUT 12-15 MINUTES​

This is the one I use. Hope you like them!

Here's another version of Neiman-Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 Lb Unsalted Butter - softened
2 C Sugar
2 C Light Brown Sugar
4 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla
5 C Oatmeal
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Baking Soda
4 C Sifted Flour
1 tsp Salt
24 Oz Chocolate Chips
8 Oz Milk Chocolate, grated (Grates more easily if frozen)
3 C Chopped Walnuts

Cream the butter and sugars together.
Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
Blend the oatmeal to a fine powder in a blender or food processor. Combine with the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Combine this mixture with the previous mixture.
Add in the chocolates and the nuts.
Place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.
Bake for 13 minutes at 375º F
For best results, the dough should be chilled for 30 minutes before starting and kept in the refrigerator between uses.
The cookie sheets should go in the freezer between trips to the oven.

Ohh.....here is one I'm making tomorrow....they are truely sinful...It's based off the Neiman-Marcus cookie Andy posted, but I tweeked it to our household liking...

Angie's Ultimate Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookie

Ingredients:
1 c softened butter, no substitutes
1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 c flour
2 1/2 c quick oats
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3 - 6oz or 8 oz Hershey Symphony bars (the big ones), chopped to your desired size
1 c nuts if desired (I didn't use)

Directions:
Cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl mix together flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix all ingredients together and add Hershey Symphony bars, and nuts. Place golf ball sized cookies 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 for 8 minutes.

Expect to gain 10 pounds.

These are the ones I usually end up making. I'm flexible though :)

Chocolate Chip Cookies or Bars

Ingredients:
1 cup (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup coarsely chopped nuts, optional
1 package (12 ounces or 2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix margarine, sugars and egg thoroughly. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake until light brown, 8 to 10 minutes. (Centers will be soft.) Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet.

Yield: about 6 dozen cookies.

Chocolate Chip Bars: Press dough evenly in ungreased rectangular pan, 13 x 9 x 2 inches. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes; cool. Cut into bars.

I've used a recipe similar to Andy's. Sometimes I use toffee bits for some/all of the walnuts. This recipe is so big sometimes after it is mixed (minus the nuts) I'll divide into smaller amounts and put different "add-ins" to each. The dough also freezes well. I've put it in plastic containers or shaped it into logs amd froze it that way for slice and bake cookies. Plastic bread bags are great to keep the wrapped logs in.

Galactic Hoopy Chocolate Chip Cookies

I created this recepie as an improvement on my Chocolate Chip cookies when I was in a hurry on my way to class on my bike. I added half a jar of Peanut Butter to the recepie with 1/2 cup Oatmeal in it to balance the Amino acids and create the complete Protein. I used Total Oatmeal (no longer available to my knowledge) for 100 % of my Daily Requirements. Thus I had created a cookie better then a bowl of breakfast cerial.
A Galactic Hitchhiker refered to it as the best and hoopiest cookies in the Galaxy, "Too bad they are only available on Earth."

Put 2 sticks / 1/2 lb. butter with wrappings removed in a metal bowl, cover with a pie pan and let set arround till the oil seperates from the butter. Add 1/2 jar of creamy Peanut Butter stirring it into the butter till it's all mixed and creamy. Let it set aside to go within itself.
In a seperate Bowl put 3 Cups of Flour, and add 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda and 2 tablespoons of Baking Powder. Mix everything together singing Let's get together, ya, ya ya.
Pour the dry mixture ino the wet mixture stirring it up real well. Observe the texture until it looks done. Add 1 Large Egg for all the yolks you may encounter in life. Mix everything up real good but don't get too mixed up.
Make a line down the center and put part of 1/2 on the other. Add 1/4 cup Oatmeal (I use Generic / Store Oatmeal instead of name brand because it is finer and mixes batter) and pull what you put on other side of line back. Repeat with 1/4 cup of Oatmeal in the other half. Mix everything together til it's all mixed up. Your pun here.
Take a bag of Chocolate Chunks which I prefer because they do not melt like Chocolate Chips and can impart a nutty texture to the cookies even though there are no nuts in it unless you used Chunky Peanut Butter. Anyway draw a line down the center of the mixure and removing a small amount of it like with Oatmeal add half a bag 10 oa. / 283 gm. bag of Chocolate Chunks and mix them in. Pour half a bag of Chocolate Chunks in other side. and repeat. Mix everything together, and press it down and smoothen top. Put aside to meditate awhile.
Empty your oven (I keep my Cookie Sheets, Pizza Pans and Cake Pans in it), and Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Take a container of Peanut Oil and pour some into the cap of the container. Spread it over the pan. I use Peanut Oil because it improves baked food with no unpleasent after taste and to make it nuttier.
Now for the fun part. Wash hands with dish soap and dry them real good. Using fingers and hand like you are finger painting rub the Peanut Oil all over the pan with your hands coating both.
Take a large spoon and scoop out some dough from bowl into your hands. Make a 2" ball of the dough or dough ball. Make sure that there are not too many Chocolate Chunks in it or it won't old togeter good when done, and put it on the cookie sheet. Flatten them out. I put 8 per cookie sheet and make about 16 large Galactic Hoopy Chocolate Chip Cookies per recepie.
Wait till a commercial (not a long paid advertisement type) comes on TV and put the cookies in the oven. The commercials are about 15 minutes apart so they help time the cookies. After the first commercial or 15 minutes check the cookies. If done ( I like them slightly hard so I can eat them with my left hand when riding my bike without them crumbling ) remove them, and put the Cookies on a table or counter to cool, and take a big whiff of the fantastic oder that they are tantalizing you with.
When the tray is cool use a Plastic turner to remove them and put them in your Cookie Jar or container.
Oh yes ~ the cook always gets the first cookie of each batch so he/she/it can judge the batch and respond to comments. SHARE AND ENJOY :^{)

FOR THE RECEPIE STORY VERSION OF THE GALACTIC HOOPY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES WITH RECEPIE IN CAPITAL LETTERS, AND OTHER NEAT STUFF for your travels ~

http://community.webtv.net/Timeloyd/GALACTICHITCHHIKER
Timeloyd Rich

Time is an illusion. Lunch time doubly so.
Ford Prefect ~ The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy

Last edited:
These are delicious!

I got this recipe out of my Hershey's 100th Anniversary Cookbook. Hope you like it.

Hershey's Great American Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup (2 sticks) Butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated Sugar
3/4 cup packed light Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
2 Eggs
2 1/4 cups all-purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
2 cups (12-ounce package) HERSHEY"S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 cup chopped nuts (OPTIONAL)

Heat oven to 375*. In a large mixer bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until creamy. Add eggs: beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt: gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Drop dough by rounded teaspoon fulls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly: remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes about 6 dozen cookies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom