New Favourites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
1 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1/3 cup cocoa
2 tbsp milk
2 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips

Option: 1 cup chopped nuts, or 1 cup coconut

Cream butter and sugars together. Add vanilla, beaten egg, cocoa and milk and mix til smooth. Add flour and baking soda and stir til incorporated, don't overmix. Add chocolate chips and stir.

Drop by spoonfuls on cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 10 - 12 minutes. Let cool on sheets for a couple of minutes before you put them on cooling racks.

Alix,
yummy yum yummers:LOL: Do I really have to cool em?:ROFLMAO:

Thanks
kadesma

Alix,

This is a great recipe. I hope you don't mind but I made a change to it. One simple ingredient made it an entirely different cookie. By adding 1/4C of Folgers instant coffee and optionally omitting the chocolate chips you now have a Cafe' Mocha cookie. I just finished the first batch and the whole kitchen smells like a French Bistro:chef: The cookies taste magnificent!!!!!

Ohhh yummers, how did I miss spotting this when you posted it? Have you named these cookies Alix?

(I name everything, lol, I still name any stuffed animals I get as gifts :LOL:)

Hey Home Chef, did you just add the instant coffee dry or did you add some liquid to dissolve it? The instant coffee I have is sort of granular and I am not sure if I should dissolve it or maybe buzz it in the food processor. Suggestions?

I just left it alone. Most of the instant will disolve in the mixing process as well as the baking process. However, you may notice a vaery faint crunch when eating. Kinda like a chocolate covered coffee bean.

Piccolina said:
Ohhh yummers, how did I miss spotting this when you posted it? Have you named these cookies Alix?

(I name everything, lol, I still name any stuffed animals I get as gifts :LOL:)

I do to Jessica.
LOL.. and I've got a ton of them!

smiles, T:)

Back
Top Bottom