, Hope you are doing well.
The topic of today is Cinnamon Roll Recipe .
Cinnamon rolls are true comfort food. Fresh made dough rolled jelly-roll fashion into individual buns, baked golden brown, and topped with cinnamon and sugar glaze.
The hot out of the oven baked goods are a holiday season favorite. Cinnamon rolls are delicious, fun to make, and the perfect treat any time of year. Simple, homemade dough can feature nuts and spices folded in, and enjoyed in every bite. The sugary icing that glazes the top will have you licking your fingers.
Cinnamon rolls, cinnamon buns and other similar sweet baked goods start with simple homemade dough that may or may not require time to rise. The time for dough to rise can be anywhere from 1 to 2 hours, and in some cases the dough may need to rise, be punched down, and allowed to rise again. Read through recipes thoroughly before beginning to anticipate total cooking time.
No special equipment is required to make the cinnamon rolls in these recipes. Good baking pans are desirable for consistent results. Always preheat the oven to the specified temperature to insure the high heat can properly activate the dough ingredients as they enter the oven.
Cinnamon Roll Recipe
3 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 Cup Sugar
2/3 Cup Whole Milk
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 Cup Shortening, melted
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Butter, melted
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Walnuts, coarsely chopped
3 Tablespoons Butter, melted
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
2 Tablespoons Whole Milk, warm
1 Tablespoon Butter, melted
1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla
1. Sift the flour with the salt, baking powder and sugar into a large mixing bowl.
2. Make a well in the center of the drying ingredients.
3. In another bowl, beat the eggs until well mixed.
4. Pour them into the center of the dry ingredients, along with milk, vanilla and shortening.
5. The shortening should be melted and cooled slightly, so it is warm, but not hot.
6. Mix by hand with a wooden spoon.
7. Once the dough is holding together, turn out onto a floured board.
8. Knead for 1 minute.
9. This dough is easy to work with, but if it seems sticky, sprinkle a bit more flour onto it as you work.
10. Turn the dough over once or twice as you are kneading then roll the dough out into a rectangular shape about 1/4" thick.
11. Make a 9 x 13 rectangle.
12. Combine the filling ingredients, mixing well in a small bowl, then spread onto the dough using a flexible spatula.
13. Roll the dough up into a jellyroll, and using a sharp knife, cut the dough into 18 slices.
14. Mix the topping mix together in a small bowl.
15. Grease muffin tins and divide the topping mix between the muffin cups.
16. Place dough, in muffin cups on top of walnut topping.
17. Bake at 350 F. 25 minutes or until golden brown.
18. Remove the cinnamon rolls right away to cool.
19. Let rolls cool and ice if desired.
Until Next Time... Be Well!