No flour peanut butter cookies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABmtroyal9

Assistant Cook
The Best Peanut Butter Cookies Ever!!!
:yum:
2 cups peanut butter
2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
In a medium bowl, stir peanut butter and sugar together until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the baking soda, salt, and vanilla. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place them 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. Press a criss-cross into the top using the back of a fork.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

The Best Peanut Butter Cookies Ever!!!
:yum:
2 cups peanut butter
2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
In a medium bowl, stir peanut butter and sugar together until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the baking soda, salt, and vanilla. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place them 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. Press a criss-cross into the top using the back of a fork.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Just a few days ago, I PM'd that recipe to a fellow DC friend. I got it from my DD's MIL. It makes great PB cookies. They are among my DW's favorite cookies.

It's great to share good things. It makes ya feel good.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I can't think of anything I like peanuts that wouldn't be better with crunchy peanuts.

One of my favorites is Thai peanut sauce but it's obviously off-topic to even conceive of spicy-hot peanut butter cookies with Thai chili peppers.

Or is it?... (Queue Jaws [the movie] music...)

Interesting, but I can't even imagine....

Can someone tell me what the texture of these is when you eat them? (i.e. the 'mouth feel').

and can we use brown sugar instead of white?

TIA!

Oh heck, no answer yet. Guess I'll have to make them to get my answer....and then I'll have to eat 'em all (DH doesn't like pb cookies).....darn, double darn! yum, burp.

Hello, anyone there?
wavingcomputer.gif

The texture is surprisingly like a standard peanut butter cookie, but a little softer. I thought the cookie would spread out when baking, but it held the same shape that it had when I put the batter on the cookie sheet.

But yes, you will have to try them to get an accurate idea of the texture. It's been a little too long since I last made them to be able to describe them in detail.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Got a batch in the oven right now....they are keeping their shape. I used crunchy pb, and half brown sugar, half white; otherwise the same recipe you posted above.

Ok, first batch is out and tasted -man are these superb! I love them, thank you for sharing the recipe.

PBCookiesNoFlr.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom