Nut-Edges... my favourites ! **with foto**

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karaburun

Senior Cook
Hi,

perhaps here is someone, who likes my German recipe for "Nut-edges". Here in our area (in the west of Germany) you can get those "edges" at each bakery in different quality and kind of Nuts. Mostly they use hazelnuts and almonts. Sometimes also walnuts.

Here is my recipe, which I got from a friend of me.

65200-big-nussecken-la-tanja.jpg

Nut-edges

For the dough:

300 g flour
130 g sugar
130 g Butter
2 eggs
2 teaspoons Vanillasugar
2 flat baking powder

For between the dough and the nuttopping:

apricot jam

For the nut topping:

200 g butter
200 g sugar
1 tsp. vanillasugar
200 g grounded hazelnuts or almonds
200 g chopped hazelnuts or almonds
4 Soupspoons water

1.Kneet the ingredients for the dough to smooth one. Put baking paper on the baking tray. Roll the dough on this size.

2. Coat the dough with fluid apricot jam.

3. After that melt the sugar, vanillasugar and butter in a pot. Than add the nuts and the water by. Stir it all together till it´s light sunbrown. This nut mulk must disperse on the jam.

4. Bake it in oven by 175- 200 °C for 20-30 Min. Look at the colour, because each oven does it other! The colour is caramel when they are ready.

5. After cooling down you melt chocolate (milk or semi sweet). But first you had to cut it into triangles ( in the size you favourit). Then put the hole borders or only the edges into the chocolate. Let them cool down on baking paper.

Ok, I hope someone tries it perhaps.

Greetings from Germany

Tanja:chef:

Für den Belag: Aprikosenkonfitüre 200 g Butter 200 g Zucker 2 Pck. Vanillezucker 200 g Haselnüsse, gemahlene o. Mandeln 200 g Haselnüsse, gehackte o. Mandeln 4 EL Wasser 1 Tafel Kuvertüre

What is Vanillasugar?
Also, can you estimate what this is in teaspoons... 2 flat baking powder.

I'm figuring that a soup spoon is a tablespoon.

What is Vanillasugar?
Also, can you estimate what this is in teaspoons... 2 flat baking powder.

I'm figuring that a soup spoon is a tablespoon.
place several whole vanilla pods/beans (the whole long pod/bean with the seeds inside) into white sugar and bury. place in an airtight container and let sit for a week or till sugar tastes like vanilla.

@bigdaddy

I am sorry. That are ingredients for us, what you can buy everywhere. I think you can use your vanilla aroma, you normally use... Perhaps try circa 1 Tablespoon.

I never throw the rest of a fresh vanilla into the waste. For that I ´ve a Tupperbox with fine white sugar, and there in I put it. In a few days you have such a great Vanillasugar which is full of flavour.

Here in Germany we can buy the Vanillasugar in bundles of 5 packages. One of it contains 15 g ... about 2 full teaspoons.

Look here:
vanille_zucker.jpg

I hope that I could help you.

Greetings from autumn Germany

Tanja

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom