Buon Giorno, Good Morning,
My Mom Eva ( many many years ago ) used to bake these Oatmeal Cookies for me, and my two grown married daughters and mothers, now prepare them for their children ...
Though, I have not made them in years, we are translating my Mom Eva´s notebooks of recipes, my younger daughter Nathalia in Zürich, Switzerland has been translating the Swiss German & High German to English for us ...
Here is the recipe:
Eva´s Oatmeal Cookies ...
*** Yield: 4 dozen
1 1/4 cups room temperature butter
3/4 cups firmly packed Brown Sugar
1/4 or 1/2 cup sugar ( white normal variety )
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. ground Nutmeg
3 cups regular Oats Uncooked
1/2 cup Raisins
1. beat butter with electric mixer at medium velocity
2. slowly, combine brown and white sugar varieties, mixing thoroughly
3. then, add the egg and the vanilla extract and combine thoroughly
4. add the flour now and the next 4 ingredients
5. slowly, mix in the butter and combine well
6. add the oats and the raisins now
7. with a tablespoon: drop the dough onto Un-greased cookie sheets
8. Bake at 190 centigrade degrees or 375 farenheit degrees 10 minutes or until golden
9. cool slightly on cookie sheets and let cool completely on racks
I have not made these in years, however, if you have any questions, I shall send an email to Naia and Nathalia.
Hope it works for you, Ciao,
Kind regards & Have lovely August.