Odd Looking Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PIROLOGISTS

Assistant Cook
HI everyone! I am looking for recipes for disgusting looking cookies. An old favorite of mine was a cookie recipe I got from a coworker many years ago called "Dog Poo" Yep, it looked like those little presents your canine freind leaves for you to pick up in a baggie. It was made with condensed milk and tons of chocolate. But I lost the recipe. Anyone have it? Anyone wanting to post a recipe they are afraid to serve to guests would be appreaciated here!
FYI I have 3 boys who love to make references to bodily functions etc at the dinner table. I just want to have a laugh on them.

Have a great week!

Karen

Kitty Litter Cake

(I can't believe I am actually posting this recipe :oops: )

KITTY LITTER CAKE
1 spice or German chocolate cake mix
1 white cake mix
1 large pkg vanilla instant pudding mix
1 pkg vanilla sandwich cookies
Green food coloring
12 small Tootsie Rolls
1 new (and definitely unused) kitty litter pan
1 new plastic kitty litter pan liner
1 new Pooper Scooper

Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans).

Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble.

Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in food processor, scraping often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup.

To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix using a fork or shake in a jar.

When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl. Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. (Mix in just enough of the pudding to moisten it. You don't want it soggy. Combine gently).

Line new, clean kitty litter box.

Put mixture into litter box.

Put three unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable.

Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls and bury in mixture.

Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top.

Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly over the top. (This is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter.)

Heat 3 Tootsie Rolls in the microwave until almost melted.

Scrape them on top of the cake; sprinkle with cookie crumbs.

Spread remaining Tootsie Rolls over the top; take one and heat until pliable, hang it over the side of the kitty litter box, sprinkling it lightly with cookie crumbs.

Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around.

Serve with a new pooper scooper.

Hi Kitchenelf,
Thanks for the cake recipe. This is a fun cake to make and to serve. I was hoping that you might have the recipe for the dog poo cookies. Hopefully someone will.

Karen

DOG POOP COOKIES

ok, ok, I was just holding out on you!!! LOL Not really, but here you go....on a silver platter.... (the things we'll do for posters :LOL: ) ;)

DOG POOP COOKIES

2 tbsp. butter
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. cocoa
1/4 c. milk
1/8 tsp. salt
1/3 c. peanut butter
1 1/2 c. quick oatmeal
1/8 tsp. vanilla

Combine the first 5 ingredients and bring to a boil. Melt in the peanut butter, stir in the oatmeal and vanilla. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Cool.

Makes about 1-2 dozen. (I multiply the ingredients by 6 to make 7.75 dozen.)

Thanks to every one who posted, unfortunately I have not found the disgusting recipe I was looking for. Maybe someone knows them as cow pie cookies rolled in tinted coconut. If I recall correctly, they were made with melted dark chocolate, condensed milk, flour & ?????? They were very easy to make. gosh I could just kick myself for loosing this one. The cookies were absolute heaven! REALLY!!!! (LOL) But thanks to everyone for their posts!
I am now looking for another cookie recipe - see my post Polka-dot cookies.

Back
Top Bottom