Buon Giorno, Ladies & Gentlemen,
These aromatic and fragrant spicy orange, cardamon and cinammon cookies are one of the favourites of the Vet and his Lab colleagues.
This recipe makes approximately 120 thin crisp cookies ...
1 cup or 250 grams butter
1 /2 cup sugar
grated zest of 1 extra large navel or triple skin Mediterranean orange
4 cups sifted flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinammon
1 tsp. cardamon seed
1/2 cup or 62.5 ground walnuts or almonds or Brazil Nuts or Hazelnuts
1/4 cup or 62.5 Ml. freshly squeezed Orange Juice ( not sour OJ )
1. cream the butter with the sugar, zest and egg
2. whisk until light and fluffy
3. add the flour, salt, cinammon, cardamon seed, and the OJ and combine very thoroughly
4. roll out the dough to a thickness of 3mm. or 1/8 Inch and cut out with a floured cookie cutter ( I use Farm & Ranch Animals )
5. bake at 425 degrees for 5 to 7 Minutes
Let cool and serve with an Iced Espresso ...
Ciao, and Have a lovely