Orange Tea Cookies TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Hope you have a press these are ever so good. in a bowl, beat 1 cup butter til soft, add half of 2-1/2 cups of flour, now add 2/3 cup sugar,1 egg,1/2 tea. baking powder dash salt, 1 tea each orange jest and juice, beat til well combined Stir in the remaining flour, then place in refrigerator for at least an hour. Then preheat your oven to350, i put mine at 325 it cooks or bakes hot. Grease a cookie sheet then force the dough through a cookie press bake 10-12 min. or til edges are golden. cool on a rack 3-4 dozen cookies.
kades

If you don't have a press - could you slice and bake after getting cold - or any other ideas.

This is my grandma's Orange Cookie recipe and they do not require a press. Although good the first day, they get better as they age, IMO. The cookies are moist and cake-like. It might be that the recipe was for cupcakes and she didn't have liners, so started making them as cookies. You can make them with lemon instead of orange as well. (She made a similar sour milk chocolate frosted cookie--and that recipe does use sour milk, not buttermilk).

CWS' Grandma's Orange Cookies

1-1/2 c sugar
3/4 c butter (softened)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp lemon or orange extract
1 c milk
1 tsp soda
1 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 c flour
Grated rind and juice of one orange.

Directions:

1. Cream the butter and the sugar until light.
2. Add the eggs and extract.
3. Add the milk.
4. Sift 1 c flour with 1 tsp soda. Add.
5. Sift 2 c flour with 2 tsp baking powder.
6. Add the juice and zest..
7. Drop on greased cookie sheet (I use a soup spoon or medium cookie dough scoop)--I leave about 2 inches between each dollop.
8. Bake 8-10 minutes at 350 (they are light, the edges and bottoms just lightly golden brown).

Let cool on wire rack. Frost with powder sugar frosting made of 3 T butter, grated rind of one orange, a bit of orange juice, and powdered sugar.

This is my grandma's Orange Cookie recipe and they do not require a press. Although good the first day, they get better as they age, IMO. The cookies are moist and cake-like. It might be that the recipe was for cupcakes and she didn't have liners, so started making them as cookies. You can make them with lemon instead of orange as well. (She made a similar sour milk chocolate frosted cookie--and that recipe does use sour milk, not buttermilk).

CWS' Grandma's Orange Cookies

1-1/2 c sugar
3/4 c butter (softened)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp lemon or orange extract
1 c milk
1 tsp soda
1 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 c flour
Grated rind and juice of one orange.

Directions:

1. Cream the butter and the sugar until light.
2. Add the eggs and extract.
3. Add the milk.
4. Sift 1 c flour with 1 tsp soda. Add.
5. Sift 2 c flour with 2 tsp baking powder.
6. Add the juice and zest..
7. Drop on greased cookie sheet (I use a soup spoon or medium cookie dough scoop)--I leave about 2 inches between each dollop.
8. Bake 8-10 minutes at 350 (they are light, the edges and bottoms just lightly golden brown).

Let cool on wire rack. Frost with powder sugar frosting made of 3 T butter, grated rind of one orange, a bit of orange juice, and powdered sugar.
Thanks cws, these look so good. Will make some this week.
kades

If you don't have a press - could you slice and bake after getting cold - or any other ideas.

Roll the dough into a log in some waxed paper then cut them into 1/4 rounds after chilling. They'll be just as tasty!

Last edited:

I'd add an extra egg and then use a fork like you do for PB cookies or a glass with the bottom sugared press the cookies that way and see how they do. I'd think it would be fine.
kades

I'd add an extra egg and then use a fork like you do for PB cookies or a glass with the bottom sugared press the cookies that way and see how they do. I'd think it would be fine.
kades
I was thinking one could roll into balls and press with a glass (or a cookie stamp). I don't know if one did it this way if one would have to add anything. I did that one year when the cookie press was not cooperating when I made Spritz cookies.

I was thinking one could roll into balls and press with a glass (or a cookie stamp). I don't know if one did it this way if one would have to add anything. I did that one year when the cookie press was not cooperating when I made Spritz cookies.
I don't see why not.Seems to me anyway would taste good:yum:
kades

Back
Top Bottom