Oreo Truffles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mama

Head Chef
Here's what you'll need:
1 package of Oreo Cookies
1 8-ounce package of cream cheese, brought to room temperature
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 to 1/2 pounds of vanilla almond bark (depending upon whether you want to coat them once or twice)
1/4 pound of chocolate almond bark or semi-sweet chocolate chips

Here's what you need to do:
In a food processor or blender, process the oreo cookies until they are fine crumbs. Add the cream cheese and vanilla and continue processing until you can no longer see any white.

Form into 1" balls and place on a cookie sheet that has been lined with wax paper. Refrigerate for an hour.

Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler or the microwave accoding to the package directions.

Remove the oreo balls from the refrigerator one pan at a time and coat in the white chocolate and return to the wax paper. Return to the refrigerator. Depending upon how thick you like like your chocolate coating, you may want to dip the a second time after they have been refrigerated a second time for at least 30 minutes (that's what I did). Leave them in the refrigerator while you melt the dark chocolate.

Drizzle the dark chocolate onto the oreo truffles using a fork that you shake back and forth. These need to be kept in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Makes about 3 dozen.

Attachments

• oreo-truffles-01.jpg
    oreo-truffles-01.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 118
OMG, I made these before and forgot all about them!!! I absolutely love them. Thank you for the reminder. I will have to make some now, hehe

love these and sooooo easy! we are making some tomorrow! last year we used the mint oreos and they turned out wonderful too! we are going to put them on swizzle sticks and wrap in colored cellophane with ribbons and thank you's for fundraiser orders! they are much easier to get out of the chocolate and we poke the opposite end in crumpled foil for the perfectly round truffle.

love these and sooooo easy! we are making some tomorrow! last year we used the mint oreos and they turned out wonderful too! we are going to put them on swizzle sticks and wrap in colored cellophane with ribbons and thank you's for fundraiser orders! they are much easier to get out of the chocolate and we poke the opposite end in crumpled foil for the perfectly round truffle.

What a great idea!

You know...I was just thinking...what if you took a marachino cherry and wrapped the oreo mixture around that and then dipped it in the chocolate....hmmmmmm.......

yuummm! funny we just saw something similar at a gourmet choc shop today! my daughter chose the one topped with a glazed coffee bean tho! these really have endless possibilities!

You know...I was just thinking...what if you took a marachino cherry and wrapped the oreo mixture around that and then dipped it in the chocolate....hmmmmmm.......

i love these things. i posted the recipe once in another thread a long long time ago but they do deserve there own thread.

what is better then creamier oreos covered in chocolate? nothing i tell you nothing

Those look good and MUST taste really delicous. But I have a idea, before setting them on a plate. Try drizzling caramel, chocolate or a strawberry sauce on the plate, then setting them in there.

I made these on Sunday night! I made two versions, regular oreo truffles and peppermint truffles (substituted Trader Joe's Peppermint Jo Joes for the oreos). These are awesome and so easy! You get a nice "wow" factor when you serve them.

Back
Top Bottom