Peanut Butter Keto?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

imp

Assistant Cook
My wife has been "keto" for over a year now. We have had no potato chips, bread, flour, sugary things, in our abode for months!

Recently she made some pretty good peanut butter cookies, nearly reminiscent of my Mother's buttery wonderful ones from my youth.

Shall I post this recipe? I imagine much of this has been pretty well hashed-over by now. Maybe I'm in the wrong place, too.......I'll retire now to the fridge!

Never heard of keto. I think I need to look it up. I take it, that's it's not meat n three veg.?

Russ
Actually, meat and three veg might well be a keto meal. It would depend on which vegis. If it is low carb vegis, that would be fine.

For some people keto is a fad. For other people it is for health, diabetics come to mind.
A nutritionist described keto as a medical intervention diet. For some, it is necessary. However, if you don't need to be on a keto diet, you probably shouldn't. Nutritionists generally think it is not a healthy diet. For those that want to lose weight, a calorie restricted Mediterranean diet is a healthier option. According to one nutritionist, a keto diet probably won't hurt an otherwise healthy person. Long term effects are still unknown, though.

Back
Top Bottom