Pecan Tassies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mama

Head Chef
Pecan Tassies

pecan-tassies-0.jpg

Here's what you'll need:

2 cups of butter, softened to room temperature
12 ounces (1 1/2 8-ounce packages), softened to room temperature
4 cups of All purpose flour
3 eggs
2 1/2 cups of brown sugar
3 tablespoons of butter, melted
A pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 1/2 cups of pecans, finely chopped

Here's what you'll need to do:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

pecan-tassies-1.jpg
In a large bowl, combine the butter and cream cheese. Mix well.

pecan-tassies-3.jpg

Add the flour, one cup at a time, mixing well between each addition.
Mix well until it begins to form a dough.

Roll into small balls about the size of a pecan.​

pecan-tassies-5.jpg
Place the balls into mini muffin tins. Press the dough into the pans as if it were a mini pie shell. I found that using a teaspoon that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray works pretty well (you will need to spray it after every couple of balls).

pecan-tassies-6.jpg
This is what they will look like when you're done. Set aside so you can make the filling.

pecan-tassies-8.jpg

In a medium bowl, scramble the eggs.
Add the brown sugar, melted butter, salt and vanilla.
Mix well.

pecan-tassies-11.jpg

Add the finely chopped pecans. Mix well.

pecan-tassies-12.jpg
Pour into the prepared shells being careful not to overfill because they will get stuck in the pan.

Bake 15 to 18 minutes for 2 pans or 20 to 25 minutes for 4 pans or until the center becomes puffy and the shell begins to brown. Cool for at least 5 minutes before trying to remove them from the pans.
This pecan tassies recipe will make about 72 cookies. Don't think you've made too many because they'll be gone in no time!

These are my all time favorite!! I usually only make them at Christmas time but why not now. The only difference is the recipe I have you cook the filling on the stove. I'm going to give your recipe a try.

Barb

OH MAMA!!
Those look awesome!
I need to get some mini muffin tins.

Oh you wicked wicked one! I had the excuse that I didn't know how to make these before! I LOVE them! Thanks, I guess.....:ohmy: What a perfect fall cookie!

Oh dear! Don't let me near those!! :wacko: I think I could eat the whole tray by myself, and then just imagine the tummy ache?? :ohmy: :LOL:

If anyone needs pecans for their recipe

I have an ebay store - Brooks Pecans of GA. Pecans for sale at great prices! Go by and check it out!

Back
Top Bottom