Pecan tea cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NellieMcGann

Assistant Cook
Does anyone have the Great American recipe cards from a dozen years ago? I lost my (treasured!!) card for Grandma's tea cookies -- an eggless cookie made with butter, powdered sugar, and pecans. A simple recipe with maybe 6 ingredients or so. The card is no longer in print! I've tried everywhere to find, and have made 4 or 5 batches from memory, but something is missing. SOS! Much appreciation if you have this recipe card and will share the ingredients....:chef:

I don't have the cards, but could provide my recipe for Russian tea cakes if you would like to see it. I made a double batch this year, and they went quickly! Wow pecans were expensive this year!

I have several variations of these, and all have only a half dozen ingredients, and none use eggs. I even have a version that uses honey.

Why don't you tell us the part you remember, and we may be able to spot what's missing?

Basic ingredients are:
Flour
Butter
Sugar, honey or other sweetener
Nuts
Salt
Vanilla or other flavoring

Roll in confectioners' sugar when done

found this in another post
this was posted by GLC

Is this it? It says it's sourced from a Great American Recipes card, and it's made with butter and powdered sugar and no eggs.

http://forkinit.com/asteve07/recipes/tea-cookies/

In case you have trouble with the link:

Tea Cookies
"Interesting and appealing with a unique texture."

Ingredients

1 c. butter, softened
½ c. powdered sugar
1 ½ tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
dash salt
dash baking powder
¾ c. finely chopped pecans
powdered sugar for dusting
Instructions

In a bowl, beat together the butter and the powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
Add vanilla.
Blend together flour, salt and baking powder.
Add flour mixture to butter mixture, blending well.
Add the chopped nuts, combine well.
Roll the dough out into two balls. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill at least one hour.
Flatten dough out and cut into 15/16 equal size pieces
Shape into small marble-sized balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake at 375-400 for 10 to 12 minutes until firm but not brown.
While still warm, roll into powdered sugar or dust with powdered sugar.
Let cool, roll again in powdered sugar.

Now where the heck did that one end up. Must have had DC open in to tabs and put it in the wrong thread. Oh, I see. Same question in two threads. Grrrr.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom