Post your Biscotti Recipes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy cow, these recipes sound incredible!! I LOVE biscotti, but have never tried making it!

I want to make one with dried cranberries and pistachios and maybe some white chocolate bits, and the mocha-something one! And the blueberry one. And .... man, this is exciting!

Has anyone ever tried making biscotti for a diabetic?

Lee

The first time I made biscotti for our plant, I brought in three kinds, chocolate, vanilla and cappochino (sp?). The plant manager came over and thanked me. 6 people asked me if I bought them and unwrapped them and put them on platters because they were so good. There were non left. Biscotti is nice and easy to make and honestly, I think the homemade ones are better than bought. Yum. ~bliss
PS. thank you for the recipes.

Hi Qsis, I have made the cranberry and pistachio biscotti for my uncle who is a diabetic replacing sugar with splneda. It came out great and he was very happy to get this treat. I also made a version with some dark chocolate chips and walnuts with splenda and it came out very good as well.

The biscotti's don't brown as much but they taste very good.

Ah, thanks, Yakuta!

My aunt used to make biscotti B.D. (before diabetes), and I would like to make her a treat for her birthday. She'd love the cranberry and nut ones!

Lee

any one have a biscotti recipe using whole wheat flour, please?:)

I know you asked this half a year ago, but, I did a search for "whole wheat pecan biscotti" (because I also have some whole wheat pastry flour and whole wheat flour).

I came up with lots of yummy results, but particularly liked this one (even w/ the chocolate!):

Pecan Grand Marnier Biscotti with Dark Chocolate
A Biscotti recipe to share - Home Cooking - Chowhound

Post Biscottie Recipe

Jill....the Recipe Video is still on I may have left a / out try again:

http://berrytarts.blogspot.com This is a very old wonderful recipe. I told her how to make it step by step. She posted it step by step on her blog.
Try again. Aria

Lemon Blueberry Biscotti

Here's what I made tonight:

3 cups flour + more for working the dough
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ceylon cinnamon
zest of 2 lemons
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 tsp lemon extract
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
5 Tbl softened butter
3 eggs
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
parchment paper

Preheat oven to 350F. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together into a medium bowl.

In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar and mix on med to low speed until creamy. Add lemon juice, zest and both extracts and blend for just a few seconds more. Now add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg. Gradually incorporate the first 2 cups of dry ingredients into the wet. Use a sturdy rubber spatula or wooden spoon to mix in the remaining dry ingredients. Carefully fold in blueberries, careful not to smash the berries and release their juices. Add flour if the dough is too sticky, or drizzle a tsp of ice water in if it is too dry.

Divide the dough into two parts.
Shape each half into a 3" x 8" loaf, about an inch high.
The dough will expand slightly during baking.
Transfer to a parchment-lined cookie sheet.

picture.php

Bake for 25 minutes.
Allow dough to cool on the baking sheet for just a few minutes until it is just safe to lift with a large spatula (or two).
Keep oven on at 350F.

picture.php

On a work surface, cut into 1/2 - 3/4" slices.
Cut carefully using firm but gentle pressure with a serrated knife.
Transfer the slices to a baking sheet with a fresh lining of parchment.
Bake another 15 minutes, then flip each biscuit and finish baking a final 15 minutes.

picture.php

Is there a recipe sugar fress Biscotti? need one or two for the mother in law ,she is now a Diabetic

cranberry pistachio biscotti (Allrecipes)

The cranberry pistachio biscotti recipe (Allrecipes )posted above is a fabulous recipe! I have made many biscotti recipes and have a good deal of experience with them. My family likes soft biscotti so I bake mine only ONCE. You can make a soft biscotti with any biscotti recipe by baking them one time. Make sure you leave them in long enough to get brown on the top- slightly brown not dark brown. After a while- you will know what they should look like when they are done. Another thing I do is brush whem with an eggwhite wash and sprinkle course sugar on top before baking. Let them cool a little before slicing so they do not break apart.Baked once biscotti are soft and chewy- much like other more traditional cookies- but without the high fat content. They freeze well. You can pull out a few to serve to guests or for desert. This recipe is great because it uses olive oil which is better for you than butter and they taste great. The almond extract also adds to the great flavor. I will be making another batch of these today for the Superbowl party and freeze them til Sunday.

I want to make biscotti again tonight to bring to work for my bd. I'm trying to gauge (guage?) how much I want to make. I'm thinking 3 logs worth so I can brown them on two half sheet pans and frost them tonight yet. And....I'm old AND tired lol.
I like to drizzle them with dark chocolate and white chocolate.
One link uses olive oil, so I don't think I can guage it by the amount of fat used, and another recipe uses no butter or oil which confuses me. Some recipes don't say how many they make. I'm confused and didn't keep track of my last experience with making biscotti. Any help? I'm off to the kitchen to start. ~Bliss

A Most Modifiable Biscotti Recipe
Ingredients:

5 Tbsp Unsalted butter, room temperature
1 c Granulated sugar
2 Large eggs, beaten slightly
¼ tsp Kosher salt
¾ tsp Vanilla flavoring or extract

1 ¾ c All-purpose flour
½ tsp Baking powder

2/3 c Chewy ingredient *
½ c Crunchy ingredient *

Procedure:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Cream butter and sugar.

Add eggs, salt, and vanilla. Beat at medium speed for two minutes.

Sift in flour and baking powder. Stir in the crunchy and chewy ingredients.

Separate the dough into two equal portions. On a lightly floured surface, shape each portion into a flat log, three inches wide, ¾ inch tall.

Bake on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet for 25 minutes. Allow to cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before slicing diagonally with a bread knife or sharp chef’s knife.

Lay slices on their sides on the parchment-lined sheet. Bake for seven minutes. Cool on a rack again.

* Combinations of chewy/crunchy: Chopped, dried mango (or papaya) and crushed banana chips; dried or candied cherries and chopped, toasted almonds; chopped dates and walnuts, etc. Drained maraschino cherries can also be used, but substitute ½ c bread flour for ½ c all-purpose flour.
I ended up using this recipe and doubling it because it said to shape into two logs. (I wanted 3 logs) I flavored have of it with anise extract and almonds, and the second half with vanilla and chocolate chips, it made two logs. The logs were the length of the width of a sheet pan, two logs. Baked and cut into about 12 pieces each. I had hoped to get about 40 perfect pieces but I did get about half of that. They were nicely substantial sized biscotties. People were very complimentary about them at work today.
Next time I'd probably make 4 times the recipe for about 40 perfect pieces (not ends). Thought you'd want to know. ~Bliss

Last edited:
Update on Biscotti recipe and slideshow

Jill....the Recipe Video is still on I may have left a / out try again:

Paula's Pet Projects This is a very old wonderful recipe. I told her how to make it step by step. She posted it step by step on her blog.
Try again. Aria

Thanks for sharing, Aria, but I can't find the recipe on her page. I tried using the search feature, too, and it said no matches were found. Maybe she took it down?

Hi,
I haven't been on the forums for a while, and happened to take a gander today.

Here is the biscotti recipe Aria shared with me. You can get the recipe/slideshow at my blog: Paula's Pet Projects

There's a link to You tube: YouTube - wavetripper's Channel
that has various slideshows.

The one on biscotti is:http://www.youtube.com/user/wavetripper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpSesmhPuZ4&feature=channel_page

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom