Potato chip cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PIROLOGISTS

Assistant Cook
Many, many years ago, to promote the sale of potato chips during the holiday season, Jays would publish on their potato chip tins the following recipe. My dear grandma Mayer used to make these for all of her children & grandchildren every Christmas and there was a fight over them in our house. Grandma is gone now, but I use this recipe every year. People never know what to make of potato chip cookies! But they are sweet, salty, delicate and melt in your mouth. I am making them right now for my daughter's Holiday Benifit Concert.

1/2 lb room tempature butter (margarine just will not do)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup of flour
3/4 cup finely crushed potato chips
powdered sugar for coating (optional)

In a large bowl cream butter , sugar & vanilla. (I always add a little extra dahs of vanilla and a little extra sugar myself).
Add flour and mix until smooth & creamy.
Hand stir in Potato Chips, (again I add a little to the batch just because)
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. and cool on plates not racks.
I make these in 2 versions, one for company without the powdered sugar (it can be so messy) and another with it for my family.
You can sprinkle a little or a lot of powdered sugar on the tops. These should be stored in an airtight container.

Happy Holidays to all!

Back
Top Bottom