Praline Graham Cookies- TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
1 pkg graham crackers
1C. butter
1 1/2C. brown sugar
2C. pecans

Place crackers in a single layer on a 15x10x1 inch baking pan. Combine butter, sugar & pecans in a medium sauce pan & boil for 2 minutes stirring constantly. Spread over graham crackers. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes. Cool & store in an airtight container.

Here's another along that same line. Tried it once ... way too sweet for moi, but then I can't handle pecan pie either.

Graham Cracker Chewies

These are amazingly good and simple to make. They are a nice alternative to brownies.

Recipe from the Nantucket Open House Cookbook.

Crust:
1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
2 tablespoons all purpose flour

Topping:
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs beaten

Preheat oven to 350° Prepare the crust: Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, butter and flour in a mixing bowl until moist and crumbly. Press the mixture firmly and evenly in the bottom of a 9 inch square baking pan. Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Prepare topping: Stir all the ingredients together until blended. Spread the topping over the baked crust and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool completely, then cut into 16 squares.

HanArt, all I can say is OMG!!!! Those are wonderful!! I mad some a little while ago & even though they are still slightly warm, I couldn't resist trying one. This is a keeper! Thanks!!

I can't take the credit, but I'll pass your comments on to AnnT. She's the one who initially shared the recipe. Just about everyone who tries them has the same reaction.

Back
Top Bottom