Puffy Snowflakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
PUFFY SNOWFLAKES

Use a snowflake or star cookie cutter to cut thawed frozen puff pastry sheets. Bake in a 400 degree F oven about 10 minutes or until golden. Lightly dip tops of pastries into melted white chocolate. Add a little sparkle by sprinkling with coarse sugar.

I like those!
Maybe sprinkle with colored sugar that are used for cookies.
I wonder about a powdered sugar topping like what is on cinnamon rolls too.
Thanks for sharing another good one.

Great ideas, Texas. Keep 'em coming. Thank you.

I wouldn't mind a chocolate snowflake - or half and half - or a pink/red icing using a heart-shaped cookie cutter.

Thank you, pds. :)

I would like to try chocolate, vanilla and strawberry dipped hearts for Valentine's Day. I'm on my way to look for creative cookie cutters.

Hearts would be pretty too!
And you could do little rabbits for Easter
and flowers of different color (flavors) for mother's day.
This is really a great idea.

You guys always come thru with terrific ideas. Thank you! Shunka, the snowflake cutter looks really 'cool' :)

Another thought that came to mind - are ring molds. I've seen some great appys layered and stacked in small orange juice cans, with the bottoms removed and then unmolded onto a serving plate.

Keep your ideas coming.

I love cookie cutters!! You can use them for so many things other than cookies. My daughters both loved having sandwiches cut into neat shapes when they were little.

I have the 5 piece snowflake cutters. It is great but sometimes the cookie does not look as great after being baked (this is using the little cut-outs). I think it had more to do with the recipes I was using though.

What a great idea! I love pastry (the flakier the better!) and snowflakes are such a wonderful theme that can be carried out long before and long after Christmas has come and gone. Thanks for sharing this Mish, very cool :)

Shunka, you've inspired me to go get a bunch of cookie cutters. :) Nice little touch to make a dish look unique. Reminded me of an appy... kiwis cut in a star shape on top of a round cantelope slice, on top of cream cheese, on a ritz cracker. Other ideas - tuna/chicken/shrimp salad or pate stars.

You're welcome KL. Let us know what you whip up... and if there's any puff pastry left over, I'm making a beef or chicken wellington :chef:

I am one that always tries to have a good variety of cutters on hand. Alas, when both daughters moved away from home, it seems that most of my cutters went with them!! Oh well, I am having fun picking out new ones!!! :)

I love the idea of using puff pastry as a change from the standard butter cookie dough.

Here's a picture of the snowflake cutouts I did for the holidays 2 years ago (I couldn't cut and past for some reason so you'll have to click on it to see them bigger). These were with vanilla and chocolate butter cookie dough:

What lovely cookies, PA! Thank you for sharing the pic.

The puffy snowflakes reminded me of these blueberry custard puffy stars.

Back
Top Bottom